Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree, just a little too much for me, especially when you can just buy the Han Disguise version now. I think HT will eventually revisit the ANH Stormtrooper, I think they didn't change much at all for ESB so they could just rerelease it with ESB packaging.

Hand guards are switched to the round style like snowtroopers, holster switches to the right hip, and the helmet details are painted differently(ex: frown is black rather than grey).

Hand guards are switched to the round style like snowtroopers, holster switches to the right hip, and the helmet details are painted differently(ex: frown is black rather than grey).

Eyes were cut out a little bigger on ESB as well, if I recall.

I thought the Black frown was only in Jedi. All the changes sound almost identical to Jedi Stormies.
Well, I'm sure HT will eventually find a reasonable way (ie not porcelain print) to rerelease the ANH Stormy, aside from Disguise Han.

[...]All the changes sound almost identical to Jedi Stormies.[...]

The ESB stormies were tweaked, more or less a repaint with new handguards and re-positioned holsters -- the ROTJ had different sculpts, basically -- due to the degradation of the molds used to create the helmets, plus the armour had return edges.

The ANH Stormies are very close to ESB ones, with the differences mentioned above. But the ROTJ Stormies are quite different from both ANH and ESB. Some hate ROTJ Stormies, I like them, especially the new E-11 blaster.

The ESB has a tweaked E-11 as well. I don't remember the specific changes but I think it has a shorter scope and no counter.

The ESB has a tweaked E-11 as well. I don't remember the specific changes but I think it has a shorter scope and no counter.

The ESB blaster is the same base Steling as in ANH (some made of resin though), no cylinders and no Hengstler counter, and different body greeblies. It uses a M19 scope, but so do some ANH E-11 blasters. The ROTJ hero E-11 is made after a MGC (Model Corporation Japan) Sterling, which in turn was made after the Canadian C1 version. Completely different greeblies and metal U-tracks instead of plastic t-tracks. The funny thing is that the resin ESB stunt Pugman E-11 is seen in a few scenes in ROTJ as well.

ANH

ANH E-11 blaster.jpg

Hengstler counter fell off, see the glue marks:

Hengstler counter fell off.jpg

ESB Pugman:

Pugman ESB Stromtrooper blaster Leia2.jpg

Pugman Snowtrooper blaster.jpg

ROTJ Pugman:

ROTJ Pugman ESB E-11 blaster 04.jpg

ROTJ MGC:

ROTJ E-11 04.jpg

ROTJ E-11 blaster.jpg

ROTJ Stormtrooper blaster screen used 01.jpg

ROTJ Stormtroopers.jpg

A Hengstler counter? Since the counter detail is facing the user, is that box thing meant to count blaster shots available like the ammo counter on the Aliens Pulse Rifles? If that's the case, I never thought that's what it's supposed to be, I just thought it's some box attached to make it look less like a Sterling. Pretty cool detail.

A Hengstler counter? Since the counter detail is facing the user, is that box thing meant to count blaster shots available like the ammo counter on the Aliens Pulse Rifles? If that's the case, I never thought that's what it's supposed to be, I just thought it's some box attached to make it look less like a Sterling. Pretty cool detail.

I don't know the stories behind the Hensgtler as seen in the SW universe. But for the prop makers at ILM they were available in bulk so they used them to make the blaster more sci-fi. Many fell off because they were poorly glued. IIRC the HT Snowtrooper comes with a blaster without a counter and the ROTJ Stormie has a MGC blaster.

Always enjoy looking at all the pictures of all your troopers... Though it does make me jealous!! :lol

Did you ever get any Rogue One troopers to go with your small army?

No, since they do look different, I just stay with the New Hope ones...and believe it or not, all the ones I have are singles...I still don't have a 2 pack set!

IMG_5708.jpg

Has anyone ever tried to clean up a Sandtrooper to make him a shiny clean trooper ? I know that is bordering blasphemy, but was interested to know.

To me, his helmet looks the best of all troopers.

There was someone on this forum doing just that. Im not sure what happened with it though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

There was someone on this forum doing just that. Im not sure what happened with it though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

A couple of us went that route. It looks good, but it can be difficult to get all the weathering off without stripping the underlying paint. Not impossible, but tedious.

Hi, so far , did anyone encounter or know of "armor-yellowing" issue on white areas?

Yellowing is more common on bare white plastics, when the bromines (fire retardant chemicals etc.) leech out to the surface. I suppose white paint *can* yellow, but I haven't heard of it personally. At any rate, keep these pieces out of direct sunlight and extremes of temperature and humidity -- and you should be fine.

Hi, so far , did anyone encounter or know of "armor-yellowing" issue on white areas?

I've seen differences on certain parts of the helmet, where one part is white and another parts looks off-white. Not sure what can account for that as these were on new or pretty much new figures, so it wasn't due to time in those cases.

Back