Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regular 2 pack has gone to waitlist. This set has had terrible supply issues.

Yeah, that happened a few weeks back (2nd week in June I believe), which is why I didn't get it and went for singles instead - can't select PayPal for waitlist.

Last edited:
Can't believe the supply and demand on these figures. In a couple of years I can see high $$$ asking prices.

Got mine today, just about an hour before I got in my car to drive to the summer house for the first week of vacation. :-|

But I took the time to open the box before leaving and they are nice. I knew what to expect since I got the Shadow Trooper in january but still it was nice to compare them hands on with the Marmit stormie. Even though they are quite different in many ways they are so similar in what they do right.

These quite easily fits the bill of "good enough" for me. If every figure was this good we (I) would have no reason to be on the forum complaining about stuff all the time.

I take that back there is always the prices to complain about. :lol

getting my ex 2 pack this Wednesday and i got me 2 singles a while back so im pretty excited to add these guys, especially the short guy to the squad.

Lootentoys? Oh boy.....just file a dispute now.

Really? Why? I see a lot of stuff on eBay being sold by this seller. His rating is very high - I've been tempted a few times as he seems to have a lot of stuff at a not too bad price. What's the problem?

After being on the waitlist for some time now, my SS Exclusive HT Set just converted to an order today so I guess they are getting more in. Anyone else get off the Waitlist?

Got my 2-Pack from a local etailer today. Unfortunately, i got paint issues on a couple parts (hand and leg) and facemasks look a bit darker than the rest of the armor. Crossing fingers i can get those parts replaces (hand and leg armor) without having to send the whole pack back.

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

I have bought from loontentoys many, many times for parted items and he was great. However, on this stormie something went seriously amiss (I almost placed the order a few times) as he was telling me "very soon" all the way back in Feb - and it seems quite a few people on this board had that experience. Maybe he's just really down the foodchain with HT distributors. I have never bought a boxed figure from him and I also didn't place the order so didn't deal with him for refunds etc.

I've only bought parts from loontentoys and he's been great. Parts arrive on time and in perfect condition. Haven't bought a box figure either and probably won't.

I have ordered before from loontentoys and it was a pretty perfect experience, quick answers to questions, really good packaging so little chance if any that the box will get damaged, good prices. Signs point to evidence that nothing of that has really changed but he (they?) got caught in the HT Stormtrooper release debacle that has to be either a tooling breakdown at the factory or the biggest underestimation of demand ever. Stupidly he/they didn't automatically refund when it was starting to get apparent that they wouldn't be able to deliver even after months had gone by. Unfortunately (but deservedly) for loonten that takes them into onesixhtbruce territory (even if that situation seems a hundred times worse with delays for years, plus I don't think anyone has gotten word that loontentoys is in the hospital yet, that's a scammers classic right there :slap) with delays and silly excuses and a lot of bad blood and vitriol comes out of it and a bad reputation is established. I had a pre-order with onesixthkit around the same time. There were delays and stuff but after a couple of months after the missed release he refunded my money before I even had to ask. That's the smart and trustworthy way to act.

I will probably never use loonten again either, certainly not for pre-orders. I have pre-ordered in the past from them and that worked out just fine. I forget what it said but something like "the goods will be sent before the auction time has ended", and it did and the stuff was sent.

Last edited:
Got mine today :)
11dd8fb12d8332c376aee7fda1412211.jpg

Unfortunately there are 2 large scratches on the short Troopers chest plate, impossible to photograph but really annoying. Even the guy at the store noticed it right away. There are one black spot on each of the Helmets also but that I could have lived with. Returned it to the store and will get a replacement but that will take 2-3 days. :(

Even more excited now though, these are really great. Atleast I got to hold them for 10 minutes. Mouse Droid is a cool addition aswell.

Did anyone actually receive a boxed stormie from Loontentoys?

But agreed, I would still order parts from him because I've always had a very positive experience, even recently.

Back