Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, had some free time since it rains, and took a few pictures of the two 1:6 Stormtrooper E-11 blasters from Hot Toys and Sideshow. The blaster on top is HT and the one below is SSC. They are very similar in appearance, I have a hunch HT copied it from SSC, or back then when they helped SSC with their Stormtrooper figure, they had their hands involved in making this as well.

The difference lays in some details like scope, scope rail, t-tracks, magazine, magazine ejector port, folding stock back/shoulder plate, and weathering. The SSC scope is clearly sculpted after an M38/M40 Sherman tank scope with rounded foot, as for the HT seems it is made after an M19 - but this way it should have been a bit bulkier, shorter, and with different sculpted feet. The scope rail on HT is too high. Way too high. The HT has an issue on the right side of the blaster (the opposite part of the magazine), they are not glued where they should be and thus showing the holes in the barrel.

The ejector port is better shaped on SSC blaster and also better weathered (I painted the HT with silver but will go more metal grayish in the future). The SSC blaster I have here doesn't have the best ejector port weathering either though - some others I own are better. The magazine is longer on the SSC and shorter on HT, both are accurate so no problem. Magazine cylinders are very similar, so are the Hengstler counters. Both blasters have the same way of extending the folding stock - we've never seen this in movies, but cool to have nevertheless, since it is a feature the original Sterling Mk4 L2A3 has. The SSC folding stock back plate has better detailing with the hole on each side just like a real Sterling.

In the end I think the SSC E-11 is better (10), but HT is pretty good too (9). Both are much better than Marmit (6) or Medi (7) Stormtrooper blasters, that's why all my figures have now SSC E-11 blasters including my Medis and Marmits. The last thing I'll mention is that for the SSC Snowtrooper the E-11 shouldn't come with cylinders or Hengstler counter, it should be a bare blaster something like the Master Replicas E-11 version.

View attachment 182702

View attachment 182704

View attachment 182705

Thanks for that awesome comparison! Great job!

Does anyone know if the combo set is anywhere in stock for sale in Europe? with Sideshow I get slammed with customs. Would really love to own a set.

Does anyone know if the combo set is anywhere in stock for sale in Europe? with Sideshow I get slammed with customs. Would really love to own a set.
Hi are you on Facebook? I bought my double pack direct from Hong Kong from a Facebook seller. Cost me €420 and I did not get hit with customs. PM me and I'll give you my Facebook name and I'll put you in touch if you want.

6872a8e81f7792f6903773c8764fb824.jpg

Hi are you on Facebook? I bought my double pack direct from Hong Kong from a Facebook seller. Cost me €420 and I did not get hit with customs. PM me and I'll give you my Facebook name and I'll put you in touch if you want.

Hi Thx!
if you mean Anthony (BudgetStark) I am already in contact with him. But it is at night in Hong Kong so its reasonable he can't reply right away.
But was wondering if there were other options more close to home (Europe)
I wonder if it is cheaper buying two loose figures, than the comboset aswell.

That's interesting. And I have no doubt its me. But I am surprised...........

Looking again today...another thing that could be throwing it off is that the SSC scope is larger, in spite of the rifle being slightly smaller overall with a lower rail.

If anybody is looking to move theirs on already, I am on the lookout for one of these :monkey3

Hi Thx!
if you mean Anthony (BudgetStark) I am already in contact with him. But it is at night in Hong Kong so its reasonable he can't reply right away.
But was wondering if there were other options more close to home (Europe)
I wonder if it is cheaper buying two loose figures, than the comboset aswell.
Hi, yep I got mine from Anthony. They shipped on the day I paid him and I had them from Hong Kong to Ireland in 3 days. They really are quality figures.

Back