Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would sideshow be promoting a figure they're sold out of? They're doing a Stormtrooper giveaway on Instagram on Friday. Seems a little weird.

Just trying to think of the actual marketing benefit.

It's just designed to get people interested in their business, not push specific figures. Seems like a good one to attract visitors too, considering it's sold out most everywhere.

You'll know pretty quickly. There were two when I went in a couple months back, and just the one on Saturday. At least it was in a glass case. They let me handle it after eating some fried chicken with no napkins, but i'm sure they wiped it down afterward.

Well if it smells like chicken then I'll know its a display item. Thanks for setting the clue.

Won't know what to do then -- keep chicken-smelling trooper for $160 OR return and have a no-trooper.

They should all smell like fried chicken. Mmmmm.
I guess you're right.
biggest-chicken-nugget-fri-world-storm-tropper-star-wars-action-figure-food-fantasy.jpg

Well if it smells like chicken then I'll know its a display item. Thanks for setting the clue.

Won't know what to do then -- keep chicken-smelling trooper for $160 OR return and have a no-trooper.

It's almost certainly a display item. When they get down to one is stock, almost all of their statues/busts/Hot Toys are the ones displayed behind glass.

That said, every display item I've ever gotten from Midtown has been in outstanding, good-as-new condition.

I almost bought gamora. Idk it was still too much. Anyway, I read somewhere in the thread that the space trooper can be easily modded to a regular storm trooper? If so that's the way I'll go

It's almost certainly a display item. When they get down to one is stock, almost all of their statues/busts/Hot Toys are the ones displayed behind glass.

I'll let you all know on Friday when I receive it if its sealed in its wrapper or not. Or you could go to Midtown and see if the display is still up. Although I think they have 3 stores according to the voice system.

I almost bought gamora. Idk it was still too much. Anyway, I read somewhere in the thread that the space trooper can be easily modded to a regular storm trooper? If so that's the way I'll go

That depends on how the backpack and breather hose connects and if that leaves any holes in the breastplate. Otherwise the breastplate might need replacing.

I'm certain there will be some kind of hole or mark left by taking off the hose and/or backpack.

Buy a spare breastplate from Stormtrooper, Luketrooper, Hantrooper.... plenty to go around.

I finally ordered the single Stormtrooper. Thanks to a tip from Deathstalker, I managed to get the last one from Midtown Comics with a 20% discount for ordering thru their app.

I was horribly tempted by the 2-pack -- love the short trooper -- but I couldn't pass up the chance of getting a single trooper for that price.
How do you apply that discount?? I've never been able to figure it out.

That said, every display item I've ever gotten from Midtown has been in outstanding, good-as-new condition.
Same here. I bought the Tamashii C3PO and War Machine MKII from them, was a display item, essentially brand new. Never had a problem.

Back