Hot toys Star Wars ROTJ Luke Skywalker (speculation thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man I know what I'm using my code on! Looks awesome! I really like all the accessories they gave him. Looks like no deluxe version, and also that this is not the next DX figure. But he comes with pretty much everything I wanted him to come with.

I definitely think that's meant to be a tease at ROTJ Vader too! It has RO parts but it's just an early prototype.

Agreed. It's not the DX set myself and others were hoping for but any Jedi Luke is better than no Jedi Luke. Ha. Maybe that Vader standing next to him is going to be the DX set? Hmmmm.

Although I will say I'm not a huge fan of that open mouth expression HT seems to be liking a lot more of these days. Gives the sculpt too much of a "mouth breather" look for my taste BUT it's a minor nitpick.

I wonder what, if any, HT exclusives they will reveal for Comic Con.

Looks really nice! Has everything but the endor stuff. I wonder if he will go up for sale today?

Yep ****ing finally so ordered

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

WOW! I don't know if it's just a hot streak or a new standard, but every sculpt on each new release is closer to the mark than they've ever been.

Thank God I ditched Palpy & the throne last year in anticipation for HT's.

Is it time to unload Jabba and his throne? Hmmmmm

I said it when this was first teased and I will say it again. Those with their expensive customs are gonna cry [emoji23].

Hot Toys really hit it out of the park with this one. Fantastic accessories and hands down best Luke headsculpt yet. Took them the third time to get it right but I am glad it is this version that they got perfect.

This will be my first HT in years!!!

I like how they are teasing and eventual Vader.

The helmet looks to be from ANH but the chestbox and glove are definitely from ROTJ. The belt boxes too. Buckle seems more like ANH or ESB though.

I was actually just about to post the opposite when I can across your post.

It's a fantastically executed version but I'm still very glad to have the custom and just exchange pieces to make the ultimate. Boots and cloak for starters don't look fantastic. Headsculpt looks amazing as do the extras.

A definite purchase.

I think the open mouth works here because a totally neutral face would look a little funny for an action pose, which is how most will probably pose this.

Wow. So blown away by this. He's perfect. Exactly how I wanted him to look after all these years. Amazing.

Revealed!
bc7aab4b484a81596228a4e93240cfe2.jpg

Looks good to me.

Looks awesome to me too. Definite pre-order
Looks really nice! Has everything but the endor stuff. I wonder if he will go up for sale today?

Maybe (desperate last minute but probably futile hope) there will be an exclusive version with that stuff? yea, I know, not likely. Too bad. Really all it needed to be complete.

I love this pose, but sadly it looks like you can't do it with the light up feature. I was hoping they would have included two light up arms, one gloved and one ungloved.

I said it when this was first teased and I will say it again. Those with their expensive customs are gonna cry [emoji23].

I was actually just about to post the opposite when I can across your post.

It's a fantastically executed version but I'm still very glad to have the custom and just exchange pieces to make the ultimate. Boots and cloak for starters don't look fantastic. Headsculpt looks amazing as do the extras.

A definite purchase.

Same here. This looks nice, but HT can't touch a Yunsil outfit. I have most of the hands except the damaged one and I think Inigo's sculpt is as good, if not better in some ways (hair) as this one. I'll pick up some pieces on the aftermarket and be very happy.

Agreed. It's not the DX set myself and others were hoping for but any Jedi Luke is better than no Jedi Luke. Ha. Maybe that Vader standing next to him is going to be the DX set? Hmmmm.

Although I will say I'm not a huge fan of that open mouth expression HT seems to be liking a lot more of these days. Gives the sculpt too much of a "mouth breather" look for my taste BUT it's a minor nitpick.

I wonder what, if any, HT exclusives they will reveal for Comic Con.

I was hoping we'd get a standard and deluxe ESB/ROTJ Vader with an extra wired cape and nice base. Maybe him or the Emperor could be the next DX then?

I agree too that I prefer a closed mouth, but I think they did a good job here. And also I forgot that he's not coming with the Endor outfit parts. Bummer for me, but at least we got the majority of what he needed.

I was thinking that too, now what exclusive could there be for the con?

This thing is going to be expensive for sure. Looks amazing though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back