HOT TOYS STAR WARS licence?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sideshow could learn a thing or two from Hot Toys for SW

I prefer the HT stands.

And HT attempts much more complex figures, sure a lot of stuff breaks, but at least they don't assume that we're clumsy fingered oafs right out of the box and attempt to idiot proof the pieces. The scale of items is something that SSC is now achieving too, but they are also sacrificing durability just as HT does.

I still like a lot of SS stuff, but as far as I can see in the realm of 1/6 they operate in different spheres, the new Cloneobiwan looks like a damn fine figure for $90, but compared to TDK Bats albeit for $60 more is just IMHO a different ball game.

I'm not saying Hot Toys is without faults. For one, I am having trouble keeping TDK cape attached to the left shoulder. Also, TDK batman might be undersized. Which head do you think is closer to 1/6 scale?

250uo0o.jpg

But for the amount of detail and photo realism for $135, I am more than impressed.

2qnwl5s.jpg

If HT did Statues and PFs, they would probably own them too :cool:

hmmm, no, they've made Predator busts and statues and they sucked.....Concerning the 12'',of course Hot Toys are better they are a 12'' compagny.....You guys simply dont understand that Sideshow is trying to leave the 12'' market...in maybe 1 or 2 years, it will be all over.

You guys simply dont understand that Sideshow is trying to leave the 12'' market...in maybe 1 or 2 years, it will be all over.

What, the 12" market, or SST attempting to stay relevant in it?

And I'd argue, one doesn't 'try' to leave a market , one simply leaves... unless you're not up to the task!

I prefer the HT stands.

I prefer the wiring on the HT stands - it fits much better under jackets and cloaks, but I prefer the Sideshow stands otherwised as they allow for more dynamic posing with the larger base.

Back in one of the many many threads about Sideshow price increases, I essentially made the argument that you see here. Namely that Sideshow would get to the point where they were comparable in price with Hot Toys, and that they would have to really step up their game to compete. At the time, I think we were talking about the incremental cost increases from $50 to $55 to $65, and a lot of people seemed to think that it wouldn't happen anytime soon, but it clearly has. When you have a $135 figure versus a $60 figure, you can forgive a lot of things with the cheaper figure. But it's another story if it's $90 versus $135.

That's not to say that Sideshow isn't getting better. Clearly, the clone Obi-wan has taken things to another level. But if both Hot Toys and Sideshow sold Star Wars stuff, I imagine I would go with Hot Toys almost exclusively.

HT is better than Sideshow in quality. But Sideshow puts more out. And I don't just mean that they put out more 1/6 figures, I'm talking about the PF, and maquettes, and dios, etc. Although I think they put out more 1/6 scale figures too so...

Personally I'm content with my Sideshow stuff, but I do like how impressive the HT stuff is.

...but I prefer the Sideshow stands otherwised as they allow for more dynamic posing with the larger base.

That is the exact reason why I prefer Sideshow bases.

I prefer the wiring on the HT stands - it fits much better under jackets and cloaks, but I prefer the Sideshow stands otherwised as they allow for more dynamic posing with the larger base.

I know it's down to personal taste but I hate having to use a stand, if a figure can't stand on the shelf unaided I consider it a failing of the manufacturer.

I hate using bases too. And I use very static non action poses so I find it especially annoying when I have to use a base.

"Sideshow could learn a thing or two from Hot Toys for SW"

Boy, that's stating the obvious LOL. HT are the master's, glad you are finally noticing.(looks like they're learning something with the recent HS casting though)

HT rules the 1:6 world...Period. SS could have been right up there with them by now but they fall short on too many things.

He's talking about in person. Seen at SDCC in person the stitching is not noticeable.

By the way - your sig image is over forum limit.

again, i have to disagree.

HT have as far as I can tell never missed a likeness on a headsculpt, SS has (even if it is slightly)
ummm.....never????:confused: you might wanna go recheck the HT archives on that one.

oh yeah and:
lock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back