1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the standard release of Luke. I'd say it's HT best SW figure to date, and I have them all (OT) with just this one exception.... My trepidation probably comes more from not feeling this is a must have for me. That being said, I bought the Space Trooper so there's no excuse. Lol

Yeah I agree. With chewie coming in second place, I don't have Vader yet nor have I seen it in hand.

I think this is a far more important figure than spacetrooper.

That copper hair, though... :wink1:

That was a shocking sight on opening the box on both this and the Trooper disguise.

It's worse under camera flash, but under normal light and shadow it's quite clever, as his hair goes from blonde to dark depending on the light:

H_fcZSliM7Q.jpg

JediJim, would you mine taking a picture of your Yavin custom with the knee bent. I am considering going down a similar road I plan on posing him in a more dynamic pose with his lightsaber (kind of in a untold adventures way) and I want to know if Han Solo's boots will work for that. Thanks

Yes. I'll post one tomorrow when I get home from work.

Is it true that the Stormtrooper helmet from this figure has a updated helmet. I'm talking about exterior not internal....which is very detailed.

As far as I could tell it's just the bubble lens vs the flat lens on the regular Stormtrooper.
The last time I saw the regular Stormrrooper was at my LCS and I do recall it does have bubble lens. I was thinking if Luke's helmet is update for accuracy ect.......I can pick up a regular Stormtrooper and use this helmet instead.

Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

Posting this as per the discussion the other day about the eyes on this figure vs the Farmboy figure.
I think both are great but sometimes the Stormtrooper sculpt looks dazed or like he's zoning out at certain angles or when the lighting hits the eyes a certain way. Don't get that from the Farmboy sculpt. Anyhow these photos don't really show that IMO but shot a comparison between the two so thought I'd post. Farmboy on left and stormie on right.

That's because the way the eyelids are sculpted looking to the front, the cornea changes the shape of the eyelids. That's why it doesn't look as good looking sideways and have that sleepy eyes look.

Back