1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you aged Luke 15-20 years by highlighting all of his facial wrinkles. I see what you are going for and I LOVE the weathering on the TK, but you've make Luke much older looking on the sculpt with the amount of paint on his features. Looks like you toned down the hair too which looks good. Just my opinion, still great work.

I see what you're saying HokieTwo, but part of that is lighting. Just check out the picture below.

A lot of people have been asking about my process. Here is my final version on the left, compared to the Hot Toys Prototype. On the right, you see a screen cap from the movie and a picture of the actual Stormtrooper suit Mark Hamill wore in ANH.
I start out with my airbrush on a custom mix of paints that I made to get a subtle dirt look. Then I tone it down with 0000 steel wool, very very lightly, so I only hit the paint. For the hair, I used a mix of gold, white, sand, brown and other colours. The face is also a lot of different colours and materials, just experiment. Don't be afraid!

process.jpg

Just walked in from vacation, and Luke-In-Disguise was waiting for me.

I'm six hours ahead jet-lagged (reverse lag??) so I'm probably a blithering idiot, but putting him together, my first impression was:

Both the armour and the helmet look subtly tweaked from the first Stormtrooper release, body seems slightly different.

Not overly impressed with the Luke sculpt at first glance. Seems about as idealized as the DX07. It's *good* but not a home run.

Either way, really happy to have TK-421 at the least, and we'll see how that punk Luke looks in the morning.

He does look really cool with Chewbacca. When Han arrives it'll be a cool "jailbreak" set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do Han Solo's boots come up to in relation to Luke's knees?

They come up just above the first knee joint but since he is just in a standing pose when he is in the costume it doesn't matter to me that much. You can still bend the knee without crumpling the boot.

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but does the helmet fit on the body if you remove the head, making a complete stand-alone Stormtrooper? The Sideshow website says the helmet is "interchangeable", so it gives the impression that you can fit the helmet on the body to make a Stormtrooper, but shows no photos of this set up - I image the details inside the helmet would make putting it on the head impossible, so maybe it fits on some other way? Or not at all?

Sean

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but does the helmet fit on the body if you remove the head, making a complete stand-alone Stormtrooper? The Sideshow website says the helmet is "interchangeable", so it gives the impression that you can fit the helmet on the body to make a Stormtrooper, but shows no photos of this set up - I image the details inside the helmet would make putting it on the head impossible, so maybe it fits on some other way? Or not at all?

Sean

Yes it fits, the figure comes with a adapter so that it can wear the helmet.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been already answered but I have a question and this thread is quite lengthy.
I assume the armor is just the same as a regular trooper just on a smaller body right?
I've been having a hard time tracking down Stormies as they are sold out everywhere and I was wondering if just a body swap to a taller TT would do the trick?
thanks for the help!

Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

There is a minor difference in length of the chest armour, but a swap will nonetheless work.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

There is a minor difference in length of the chest armour, but a swap will nonetheless work.

Thanks for the prompt response, do you mean there's a physical difference in length between the regular stormie chest armor and Luke's or just visual?

Just want to make sure it's ok before I pull the trigger on it! Hehe!

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

Thanks for the prompt response, do you mean there's a physical difference in length between the regular stormie chest armor and Luke's or just visual?

Just want to make sure it's ok before I pull the trigger on it! Hehe!

I no longer have the short trooper, but according to Chest Gate (many posts back) it was determined that the chest armour is indeed shorter. Someone used it on a regular stormie and it looks good.

I no longer have the short trooper, but according to Chest Gate (many posts back) it was determined that the chest armour is indeed shorter. Someone used it on a regular stormie and it looks good.

Got it!
Thanks sir!!:rock:rock!

Back