1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, Hamill looks taller or at least the same height as Ford.

Is this just lens distorsion? Or did HT didn't care about the big height difference between the actors ?

Looks good as a display however. 😎

Han is leaning on Chewy and his feet are at the edge of the base where Lukes are in the middle. So no they are not the same height.

Other than the slight gloss/sweat, is there any difference between the head on this and the farmboy Luke's?

Eyes are off to the side a bit, neck peg is
seated a bit differently, I believe, so it doesn’t fit the farmboy body the exact same way. And hair is glued in place and maybe has the slightest bit less of that egghead look, but still mostly eggheaded.

I had old comparison shots but they might have went the way of Photobucket.

Tried the Sideshow Luke X-wing extra hairpiece on the regular HT Luke head and it kind of improves the likeness. Also less egghead appearance than with that copper melon he comes with.

PthowKI.jpg

Tried the Sideshow Luke X-wing extra hairpiece on the regular HT Luke head and it kind of improves the likeness. Also less egghead appearance than with that copper melon he comes with.

After seeing your post I did the same with the HT Tatooine Luke and it is quite an improvement. Though I pushed it down further so the fringe is at his eyebrows.

Original%20Trilogy%20-%20Luke%20Skywalker%2003.jpg

I have another X-Wing hairpiece somewhere. When I find it I'll put it on the Luke Stormtrooper disguise figure.

After seeing your post I did the same with the HT Tatooine Luke and it is quite an improvement. Though I pushed it down further so the fringe is at his eyebrows.

Original%20Trilogy%20-%20Luke%20Skywalker%2003.jpg

I have another X-Wing hairpiece somewhere. When I find it I'll put it on the Luke Stormtrooper disguise figure.

Damn, you have it looking great in that shot, Asta. Definitely improves the likeness. Still see Tom Cruise there, but a little less.

Damn, you have it looking great in that shot, Asta. Definitely improves the likeness. Still see Tom Cruise there, but a little less.

It is a little bit improved. But still looks light years ahead of Sideshow's X-Wing Luke...

tumblr_nmgmjt2oiM1rikicyo7_400.png

:monkey3

I'll see if I can wiggle it further down. Just didn't want to risk scratching the HT paint on first try. It's interesting that (at least to me) the likeness is better - shows that the copper melon hair wasn't just too big and odd looking, it was also affecting the likeness.

In looking at my overall ANH heroes display, the swap to this hair really makes the Luke Stormie pop. I like it a whole lot more than the HT copper hair. Even if the SSC hairsculpt isn't quite as detailed, the overall shape just looks a lot more like the correct shape and look. I may try some very subtle blondish highlights on the SSC hair.

Hi guys.
I am considering purchasing this figure.
Some questions that come to my mind:

1) Are the disguised versions of Han and Luke mere repurposings of the original 2 stormtroopers set? I have read in some reviews that there would be no differences whatsoever regarding armour, sculpting, etc. BUT then I also have read reviews of the Rogue One storm- and sandtroopers which state that some noticeable improvements have been done since the 2 ST set. I am no longer sure what to think! Has anybody in this thread done the comparison?

2) Is the disguised Luke head sculpt different from the ANH Luke? How? Is it better? Is it perfectly compatible with the neck on ANH Luke? (no empty spaces, etc)

3) When in Stormtrooper mode, does the new head attachment mechanism (that black attachement that links the detailed helmet to the neck) work OK? Does it hold steadily in place? Any issue with it, e.g. when posing the head?

4) Is there an articulation between the torso and the neck?

Thanks everyone!
LMK!
Regards,
m.

1. The armor moulds are the same as the original HT stormtroopers, but they do sit differently on the bodies. If you took the original ST 2 pack and took the Han and Luke with helmets on, you would have 4 subtly different looking stormtroopers due purely down to the bodies used and hence "sitting" of the armour on the body. I say this having them all.

2. It's the exact same sculpt but with a "sweat"layer added to the face and the eyes painted looking in a different direction. The hair piece is also glued on and not detachable unlike farmboy Luke.

3. This answer also applies to your question in the Han thread. The bodies with helmets on work exactly the same at the normal stormtroopers. same peg mechanism complete with foam spacer (which I take off).

4. Articulation is exactly the same as the stand alone stormtrooper figure.

1. The armor moulds are the same as the original HT stormtroopers, but they do sit differently on the bodies. If you took the original ST 2 pack and took the Han and Luke with helmets on, you would have 4 subtly different looking stormtroopers due purely down to the bodies used and hence "sitting" of the armour on the body. I say this having them all.

Another subtle difference is that hero helmets have bubble lenses, stunts have flat. (my pic, Luke and Han in the middle)
bb5b780e247039f07dbfa81ae3c2935b.jpg

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Mr. Nadon, and thanks for your time and help!

Some remaining questions:

1) You say the armor pieces sit differentely on Luke and Han. Is it due to different underlying bodies being used, or because of the straps used for attaching said pieces are different? Would you qualify the looks of Han and Luke as "better" or "worse" than those of the original STs?

2) Regarding this foam spacer, what I meant is: once the head is popped off, the foam spacer popped on, and the helmet is placed on top of the latter, does the entire assembly behave well? Or does the helmet pop off too easily when, e.g., repositioning the head? And why do you take it off??

3) Do standalone STs have torso-neck articulation...?

Thanks again!
Regards,
m.

2. It's the exact same sculpt but with a "sweat"layer added to the face and the eyes painted looking in a different direction. The hair piece is also glued on and not detachable unlike farmboy Luke.

3. This answer also applies to your question in the Han thread. The bodies with helmets on work exactly the same at the normal stormtroopers. same peg mechanism complete with foam spacer (which I take off).

4. Articulation is exactly the same as the stand alone stormtrooper figure.

Hi buddy.
Thanks for that. Any chance you take a better picture? Difficult to tell differences between the eyes...

Regards,
m.

Another subtle difference is that hero helmets have bubble lenses, stunts have flat. (my pic, Luke and Han in the middle)
bb5b780e247039f07dbfa81ae3c2935b.jpg

Digging up an old thread to ask a couple of questions.
With the announcement of ROTJ Stormtroopers, I actually hope to display both ANH and ROTJ Stormies together. The issue is I did not have the ANH trooper and secondary market price is not something I'm willing to pay for. However I do has a Luke Stormtrooper disguise.
Reading the earlier posts, I reckon that there is actually no difference between Luke's armor and the standard MMS 267 Stormtrooper's armor. please correct me.
The only thing is to have it mounted on a taller body. Can this work?

All the Stormtroopers released by HT are considered Hero, the only Stunts are the Sandies. The problem lays with the more or less pronounced bubble lenses on the Stormies, but in the end they are all bubble lenses, while Sandtroopers have flat lenses.
The most pronounced bubble lenses from the troopers I have are on the Spacetrooper.

One further point regarding Luke’s armor is the chest armor is slightly shorter than the standard stormtrooper but everything else seems the same, and it will still work if you put it on a normal stormtrooper body. I know I did that at one point and it still worked.

And as jkno said, the Luke version does have a pretty pronounced bubble lens, probably similar to spacetrooper.

Back