1/6 Hot Toys Star Wars Battle Front Shock Trooper review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's check out another Hot Toys Trooper variant tonight - the Battlefront Shock Trooper! Great looking sculpt of course, since they knocked it out of the park on this armor awhile back. But I'm not happy when it comes to the paint job - my review is here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-092116a.htm

or you can find it with the rest at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

review_battlefronttroop_11.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Michael

I also feel your missing the point of the paint job. The shock trooper red paint is supposed to look like it has been hand painted on the armour, almost in a tribal fashion. This is why it is rough around the edges. I personally am not keen on the red paint at all, think they look a bit daft. Just thought Id let you know that I feel you miss interpreted it.

Well, if they are supposed to look like they are badly hand painted, then they succeeded quite well! To me, it isn't working, but if it works for you, then you should be happy, since the rest of the areas (other than the lack of a magnet) are great.

I don't understand the paint complaints. Is it something other than the red markings? I think the trooper looks pretty accurate to the game model.:dunno

I added a comment in the paint section that if you're looking for paint work that looks hand done by the trooper himself, then you'll be happier than I was with the work. I don't like the look, and I don't think the wavy edges look anything like any shot I've seen of the game character. For example, I can't find a photo of a trooper with a wavy edge yet unbroken edge all the way across the front of his chest. But hey, if you like the paint, you'll be happier - that's the reason I break out the review into the categories, allowing you to better apply your own personal filter and weights.

I do have an honest question though - if the paint is supposed to be like tribal war paint, why isn't ever trooper different?

I agree with Michael. These badass idiots are going to make their armor look so cool by painting elaborate tribal markings with equally spaced out trapezoids, and they don't bother to use masking tape?

The irregular red paint on the figure looks terrible.

Last edited:
I don't like the design. I am just aware that hand painted armour was the look they were going for

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back