Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Wait, why did James Bond cancel R2? Because HT will make one in a couple years? That's planning ahead... and a good example of patience.

No need to explain the cancelation of Jango. He's not a real character so I understand.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

I knew SS was blowing their load for a reason. (Good riddance)

God a HT Stormtrooper?

:pray:

/So happy

Last edited:

I have cancelled all but the Echo Base Luke/ Han. I am confident that these figures will be very good, and I am sure HT will not be releasding them for the forseable future.

I did cancel Jango, and now I doubt I will order anyother release from SS on the 1/6 line. As is I only bought their troopers anyways!

See ya SS!

Funny, but I'm not really that excited about this bit of news.
HT have their fair share of screw-ups and dropped balls, and they cost a pretty penny more.

Sideshow have been doing very good figures lately, I for one have been perfectly happy with the last few I've bought.
I'll just wait and see.

Then they should have paid more attention to what their market wants then their pace.

If you want to look at in the way of primary characters then sure they have done that but Star Wars is a line that is fortunate to have a fan base that extends so far beyond said primary characters it's almost unheard of in any other licensed product situation. Sideshow has neglected that market. It's that kind of attention that this line has needed and has not gotten in a long time....a long time.

I agree completely. SSC has does some knock outs here and there, like the Tusken Raider or Ig-88, but all in all, they've not done as well with the license as I would have liked.

And time has not been kind to Sideshow's earlier figures... generally well recieved (once actually in-hand) many have not aged real well. They can be upgraded quite a bit with paint and new bodies, but still just some inherent shortcomings (heads too big, lack of skin texture/finer details) mean you can only go so far.

I know it's unlikely, but I wish that HT could get with Trevor Grove on sculpting their lead characters. He's done amazing work with Sideshow and it would be awesome to finally see HT production of his work.

Trevor Grove deserves to see his production pieces actually turn out as awesome as his protos; if I were him, I'd have been frustrated at SSC a long ass time ago. Of course, the paychecks help, I'm sure

Funny, but I'm not really that excited about this bit of news.
HT have their fair share of screw-ups and dropped balls, and they cost a pretty penny more.

Sideshow have been doing very good figures lately, I for one have been perfectly happy with the last few I've bought.
I'll just wait and see.

Yeah, that's how I feel as well. Sure, i'd like to swap out some of my very early ones (bad paint/sculpts/etc...), but I'm not going to replace everything. I guess I'm not as picky as some on here. 90% accuracy is good enough for me, and dropping $250 for the chance of a more accurate figure (HT isn't perfect) isn't worth it to me. I'd rather see some variety than rehashes.

Sorry SS stuff is JUNK compared to what HT can do- see DX Luke. Case closed.

And time has not been kind to Sideshow's earlier figures... generally well recieved (once actually in-hand) many have not aged real well. They can be upgraded quite a bit with paint and new bodies, but still just some inherent shortcomings (heads too big, lack of skin texture/finer details) mean you can only go so far.

I know it's unlikely, but I wish that HT could get with Trevor Grove on sculpting their lead characters. He's done amazing work with Sideshow and it would be awesome to finally see HT production of his work.

That would be fantastic. I feel like Trevor DESERVES the production value of a Hot Toys headsculpt. He has earned it with all the incredible sculpts he continues to deliver one after the other. I feel really bad for him because when you see what the naked sculpt looks like vs the production painted piece, it's like a punch in the gut. It's got to affect the guy. Although I know he would never say it because he's such a darn nice guy.

I don't think ssc has lost there license on these. so I don't care if ht makes a few it`s there prices that might keep me away. I don't know why everyone is throwing ssc under the bus I know they had some hit and misses but they gotten better. agreed they could use some help in the paint department though.

Sorry SS stuff is JUNK compared to what HT can do- see DX Luke. Case closed.
If you're comparing DX Luke to a 4 year older Luke that cost 1/5 the price, sure. No question the DX is better, and it's arguably one of my favorite figures. But, the gap has closed in 4 years, especially when you factor in price. DX07 would be close to $450 with HT current pricing. I think the Hoth stuff looks pretty good, and I'm excited to see what the TF Pilot, Scout Trooper, and Red Five Luke look like.

I just looked up SS's Jango... what the hell is he wearing.
He looks like the commander from the Matrix 3.

It just depends on the release. I'm still excited for the Scout Troopers and Speeder Bike, for example. At the same time, I'm glad I cancelled Hoth Luke, Han and Tauntaun a week or two ago. Don't have the space for them and especially now, when they'll be compared directly against HT stuff, I just don't see those sculpts faring too well.

Back