Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

How long before we see an actual figure from this announcement?
How long has it been since they announced they had the BTTF license?
We're just seeing the Marty figure now after what....3 years?

2020 will be my guess...LOL!
Just kidding cos you know that HT is right up
there with their announcements and getting them out
in a timely manner !!!

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

How long before we see an actual figure from this announcement?
How long has it been since they announced they had the BTTF license?
We're just seeing the Marty figure now after what....3 years?

Not before your bed time, young man.

Shouldn't the STAR WARS threads be merged into the Disney threads?

I think HT might need to reconsider lowering their prices moving forward as I can see many collectors sacrificing one figure for another just so they can afford them. Example I might not pick up the BD T-800 now because I will need those funds for the next HT SW release. It will be very hard to keep up with HT SW when figures prices are at $250+ per release. SW is huge with so many characters that people would love to own!!

This is a good point.. however I think that is precisely why Hot Toys have made this move.. if they have both the Star Wars and the Marvel licenses, then if peeps have to pick and chose because of the pricing, they are still buying Hot Toys product.. As an example, I have recently ditched several Hot Toys figures from my Pre-order list, in order to buy Sideshow Star Wars figures, but if Hot Toys is making both, then technically they lose no sales.. I may be buying a different figure but the cash still goes to HT.. Howard's a shrewd dude .

Well wait and see if any of the new HT Star Wars figures break apart at the joints like the new Iron Man figure.
Wait and see if HT uses shoddy materials that break down like ED209.
Battery packs that leak for LED light sabers.
Now that'll be funny!
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Yeah.. their QC is laughable with a few lines at this point - agreed. :gah:

They do such beautiful work, & then make bad decisions in other ways.

Sideshow really needs to respond to this. Just think of how many cancellations there will be of Sideshow figures, or if people will even bother with Sideshow anymore--especially with figures like Jango or ROTJ Fett if they ever announce him.

Sideshow really needs to respond to this. Just think of how many cancellations there will be of Sideshow figures, or if people will even bother with Sideshow anymore--especially with figures like Jango or ROTJ Fett if they ever announce him.

All Sideshow would have to do is stop distributing Hot Toys in the U.S.
Then where would they be?
Sell from their own site?
Their customer service is laughable.
BBTS and AE and a lot of stores here in the states get their HT stock from SSC.

Eck! The thought. I just threw up a little.
Yeah, that made me kinda angry to read it, haha.

Sideshow's not going to cut their nose off to spite their face. They'll make a nice cut on distribution, whether or not they have their own line. I suspect they and HT will come to some sort of agreement on who is producing what figure at what time.

Beautiful. Now I have to go pick up Bespin Luke.

I'll have to get used to STAR WARS and FROZEN being on the same playing field... and at those ridiculous Disney Stores.

With the licenses Hot Toys holds, another company in the US would simply pick up the Distributorship.. and eat Sideshow's lunch.. if Sideshow walk-out in a fit of pique, they are nutz.. business is business.

Maybe HT will release previous SSC past figs? ROTS Ani, TESB Han, and yep maybe a proper Stormtrooper.

Actually I'm going to argue that it's because Disney bought LFL that HT was able to slide in. Back with MR had the SW license and got the Disney license one of their complaints was that Disney used to license to everyone no problem. They didn't care if companies were doing the same thing which was one of MR's troubles that they wouldn't have exclusivity to make something, apparently Marvel was similar (remember we got two of the same Spider-Man 3 statues in basically the same exact pose?) My guess is now that Disney owns it, they had no problem offering it up to HT if they were willing to pay and Howard said SW was on his list.

nope. Hasbro still has EXCLUSIVE toy rights to all things Star wars, and action figure. Hasbro renewed their liscense earlier this year to extend it out through 2020. Even Sideshow's licenses is not with lucasfilm, it's a sub-license with hasbro. Hot toys has spent the past few years getting VERY friendly with hasbro. going so far as to become their official distributor for their products in the asian marketplace.

Pretty clear now that this was their endgame.

Yeah, that made me kinda angry to read it, haha.

Sideshow's not going to cut their nose off to spite their face. They'll make a nice cut on distribution, whether or not they have their own line. I suspect they and HT will come to some sort of agreement on who is producing what figure at what time.

Didn't Sideshow kinda do that with Medicom in the past? I feel like I might have read a response like that back when Sideshow would answer their Q&As on their website.

The clones all have a HT logo on the box, so we know what an armored HT figure would look like already since HT probably did them for SS.

I don't see an HT logo on my clone boxes (but I only have the shiny, so may differ). Regardless, if HT did make armored troopers for SSC, the concern is not so much as the look, but the markup price since SSC is the NA distributor of these new HT Star Wars figures. Days of $140 for a trooper will go away if HT is the sole maker - as alluded to earlier, paying $250 for a bare-bones figure when it was sourced by an American company for almost 1/2 that price would stink.

We complained about SSC's Vader deluxe pricing at $250, but it's been some time now since HT came in with as many accessories at that price point for one of their figures (just look at all the Iron Man releases as of late - a pair of hands). Still looking forward to these, just need to start saving a little more now!

Can somebody catch me up on the history of SW and HT?
I know they had a DX Luke at one point, yes?

Did they lose the property at some point?

short version, they never had a liscense. they had a partnership wth Sideshow to create and release DX versions of existing sideshow figures.

They only ever made a Bespin Luke.

NOW, they've wrangled a license independent of sideshow. And should be able to more or less makew what they want, with minimal intervention.

I'd also wager we've seen the end of Medicom and enterbay SW.

What this means to me most is that I'm probably never going to get a Walrusman.

Back