Hot Toys : Stand or No stand?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of my Sideshow Star Wars or G.I.Joe figures are on stands.

I have one HT figure displayed and it's the first Jack Sparrow. No stand there either, and he's been in the rum.

I don't like (most of the) stands, but I use them anyway since they will protect the figure from falling over. Some of my SS figures wouldn't even stand without this extra support

No stand. Unless it's a cool stand and adds to the figure's shelf presence. That's what I've done with my medi bats and DX joker. Everything else doesn't have a stand, (unless you count Jack's wheel and Cobb's chair) and have been like that for months now with no falling over. If you know how to pose/stand your figs you should be fine.

Like so:

P1010629.jpg

P1010649.jpg

P1010651.jpg

Can you use the medi clear stands on HT and Sideshow fairly well? I like having the stands for the most part, but wouldn't mind something less obtrusive for some.

I always use stands for protection as I have open shelves and I don't want to risk them committing suicide.

Wow Zachw I really like your shelves. Where'd you score those from?
:duff

I actually got it from a family member who was moving and didn't have the room. It was custom made from a friend of theirs. Mirrored backings, 4 glass shelves (bottom shelf has a couple miscellaneous figures) and magnet closed doors. Glad I snagged it. Just barely got lights in it last month.

Can you use the medi clear stands on HT and Sideshow fairly well? I like having the stands for the most part, but wouldn't mind something less obtrusive for some.

Not sure on this, I think you can. They grab at the leg if I'm not mistaken.

Very nice Zach. Those feature stands make for a stylish display.

Thank you. :peace

I always use stands for protection as I have open shelves and I don't want to risk them committing suicide.

Don't blame you. That's another plus to my shelves I didn't mention. It opens from the side so I'm not too worried about one falling down.

Absolutely need stands, these things are way to expensive to suicide dive 5 feet from my dresser.

No stand. Unless it's a cool stand and adds to the figure's shelf presence. That's what I've done with my medi bats and DX joker. Everything else doesn't have a stand, (unless you count Jack's wheel and Cobb's chair) and have been like that for months now with no falling over. If you know how to pose/stand your figs you should be fine.

Like so:

P1010629.jpg

P1010649.jpg

P1010651.jpg

Sweet looking setup!!

I display all of my customs with stands because I'm worried about the resin sculpts/custom paint being damaged if they fall. I only use stands on my HT if they can't stand without them, since I'm not really concerned about PVC and plastic taking a 12" dive.

And if the figures stand without stand , knee or leg joints break or go weak in time ? I am asking because all my figures have stands , but all the line from man of steel has very big stands which take too many space in the detolf and i am thinking of buying or not buying the stands for them . They don't fall , but i am afraid about their knees and legs , so is there such problem ?

That's an awesome collection right there, mate!!! What figures are they? Did you mod an LED into the lamp? Did you switch around some head sculpts?

Like so:

P1010629.jpg

P1010649.jpg

P1010651.jpg

I usually create my own stands so there is a certain level of unity for a specific collection.

For instance, in my War Machine Cabinet I planned on displaying 4 figures so I made 4 bases that were large enough to display any figure in pretty much any pose

thanks bud, this is actually my older set-up. I have some detolfs now. The interrogation set up is a custom one I got off of void awhile ago that already hand an LED in it. It's not the one from Joker's set. And yup, swapped out some head sculpts etc.

That's an awesome collection right there, mate!!! What figures are they? Did you mod an LED into the lamp? Did you switch around some head sculpts?

Back