1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasbro managed a nearly invisible seam on their 6” Mysterio. I imagine HT should be able to at least match that in production. I wonder if HT is using a clear plastic instead of a pearled one and that is what is making the seam so obvious unlike Hasbro’s.

Looks good, will probably pick this bastard up, a two year wait lets me get some funds in order, I'm guessing that was hot toys' idea considering the bulk of their endgame figures are coming soon. If this sells well I hope this gets them to try making Vulture again, probably my favorite Spidey villain design besides Mysterio here.

I absolutely agree.

I know there are whingers on every release, but there seems to be a massive backlash for this figure. No wonder HT are hesitant on making villains... :slap

I can?t wait to get him.
I understand a degree of criticism, that's perfectly normal and should exist. However, there's been so very little commentary on what is good or well done here. This isn't going to help the villain cause, and in fact is probably going to hurt it.

I understand a degree of criticism, that's perfectly normal and should exist. However, there's been so very little commentary on what is good or well done here. This isn't going to help the villain cause, and in fact is probably going to hurt it.

True. My first impression was, wow they really nailed the body armour and especially the shoulders where the cape joins. The cape itself also looks pretty impressive. Very Dr Strange, but good that they have appeared to added wire to enable better posing.

Dynamic stand is nice, and the swirling smoke is a nice touch giving it something more than just a stock base.

I'm actually fine without the Jake headsculpt but that seam is nasty. I have to hope and assume that it's only that bad due to being an early prototype. If that doesn't change in some way at some point in the next two yeeeeaaaarrrssss then I'll probably cancel. That's the kind of deep seam I expect to see on something at Target, not something that costs this amount of money. I understand that a seam is not unexpected in this process but they could do a better job matching the sides and hiding it. Right now it's unmistakably obvious. There has to be a way to make that more presentable than on this proto.

Perhaps by painting the outside rather than the inside since that texture seems to be a flat application on the inside anyway and then coating the whole thing in a thick clear sealer? I dunno. Gotta do something.

hLhkN72.png

xxeLvF8.png

If they go through the trouble of painting the outside instead of inside then they can absolutely get rid of the seam by not making the dome hollow and instead just a solid piece. I honestly don?t see why they don?t go this route. Why paint the inside instead of outside?

I mean if someone's willing to drop their PO on BBTS due to the seamline, then I'd happily take your order. :monkey3

If they go through the trouble of painting the outside instead of inside then they can absolutely get rid of the seam by not making the dome hollow and instead just a solid piece. I honestly don?t see why they don?t go this route. Why paint the inside instead of outside?
Cos there's a light up feature. And I rather have the seams than a solid piece, it's more not movie accurate... LoL
But honestly why ppl are arguing abt thw seams... I need that beck headsculpt and the reason i have yet to preorder is that it doesn't include that sculpt. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cos there's a light up feature. And I rather have the seams than a solid piece, it's more not movie accurate... LoL
But honestly why ppl are arguing abt thw seams... I need that beck headsculpt and the reason i have yet to preorder is that it doesn't include that sculpt. Lol

With a solid piece, you can still drill a slot and insert an led to light it from the inside. I?m sure the dome material is translucent. I?ve done this exact thing with some Star Wars model ships I?ve worked on.

With a solid piece, you can still drill a slot and insert an led to light it from the inside. I?m sure the dome material is translucent. I?ve done this exact thing with some Star Wars model ships I?ve worked on.
Still, I bet people will still not happy about it and complain. I for one def prefer how hot toys choose to do the fish bowl cos I don't care much abt the seams.

The seam only made sense for me on the Stan Lee figure so you would be less likely to damage the head when you're putting it on and off. I can't for the life of me figure out why they can't make this without a seam.

6cf44660836411dd1c96feff98aa45a6.jpg
73fb8fb0ac5023097cf25e4f97f42293.jpg
75e2e4c97f0d9ec73219373c291fafc9.jpg

Im still getting it but I was hoping the fishbowl would look at least as good as these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bugger it, I pre-ordered.
I do love a villain figure!

Warts and all this does look like a very cool figure, the dome certainly gives him a unique look, the smoke is a very nice touch and I appreciate the light up elements.

I do think this should come with a drone also, considering their importance to this character.

I understand the arguments about the dome seam - but considering the lack of a head sculpt or other accessories I think that in the space of two years it would behoove Hot Toys to prioritize improving it.

The lack of Jake Gyllenhaal head is a pity, but a third party sculpt might work (depending on how the dome/light feature is attached).
Alas, I will miss the opportunity to gaze into those dreamy eyes.....

I mean if someone's willing to drop their PO on BBTS due to the seamline, then I'd happily take your order. :monkey3

Why be stuck with BBTS? Other great businesses are selling the figure. I for one NEVER use BBTS because of the sales tax in my state.

Ordered at PCZ. He's a long way off, but it will be nice to finally have a decent villain (besides SM3's Sandman base) to pose with all of the various Spideys that will be on my shelf.

I don't think these are action figures....but I could be wrong.

They?re not 1/6 scale. I believe one is a full size piece for a costume and the other is a statue. I was just wanted to show what could be done. I honestly believe Hot Toys could do better than what has been shown. Hopefully they will improve on the prototype by the time this figure goes into production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don?t mind the wait for this guy. By the time he?s on the horizon I will have Thanos in hand so I?ll be in the market for another bad guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back