1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer about the Gyllenhall sculpt. Was looking forward to making a Bubble Boy custom :rotfl

I will get this. I hope they fix the head seam. Don't care about a head sculpt that will just stay in the box anyway.

Everyone: Give us more villains!
HT: Here's Mysterio!
Everyone: Ugh, why does it have a cheap looking fishbowl? why is there no Jake sculpt? Why can't you make it exactly how I want it? Passs.

Its pretty disappointing to see honestly. I'm thrilled for this release. The costume is fantastic.
If the seam is going to make someone skip this whole figure, then that's 100% thier loss.

If the seam is going to make someone skip this whole figure, then that's 100% thier loss.

I absolutely agree.

I know there are whingers on every release, but there seems to be a massive backlash for this figure. No wonder HT are hesitant on making villains... :slap

I can?t wait to get him.

I’m not sure why some believe HT will “fix” the dome. To mold a round shape with a small opening and paint a detailed design on the interior it’s going to be split in half. If they didn’t change Stan dome, with no interior design, the Mysterio dome won’t change either.

Love the look of this figure. Dissapointed with the lack of Jake G sculpt since he barely wore the dome in the movie; but as stated by others hopefully a third party headsculpt is on the way. Also hoping that whatever is under the dome is compatable with another sculpt.

My only real complaint is the wait for this figure. Summer 2021?! That's almost two years away. Since when did it take that long to release a figure. Hope this isn't the new norm.

If anybody knows the basics of how mass production plastic items are made, getting that bowl to be one piece would be very difficult, and expensive. Although I prefer to not have the seem, I am not going to pay $400 for a figure for it not to have it.

They actually did it!!
I'm very happy, I honestly didn't think they would.
I'm just a teeny bit disappointed about the lack of a Jake Gyllenhaal sculpt
What do we think are the chances of Hot Toys announcing a "deluxe version" including it in a few days/weeks?
I'm just a bit cautious because I've been burned by them before.

If it doesn't seem likely than I will definitely pre-order - this is an ace looking figure!

Another figure with a two year wait... damn that's cruel. Worst figure trend of the year.

So basically a fake order to be cancelled later.

bat-signal.jpg

I'm actually fine without the Jake headsculpt but that seam is nasty. I have to hope and assume that it's only that bad due to being an early prototype. If that doesn't change in some way at some point in the next two yeeeeaaaarrrssss then I'll probably cancel. That's the kind of deep seam I expect to see on something at Target, not something that costs this amount of money. I understand that a seam is not unexpected in this process but they could do a better job matching the sides and hiding it. Right now it's unmistakably obvious. There has to be a way to make that more presentable than on this proto.

Perhaps by painting the outside rather than the inside since that texture seems to be a flat application on the inside anyway and then coating the whole thing in a thick clear sealer? I dunno. Gotta do something.

hLhkN72.png

xxeLvF8.png

Back