Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, looks like Sideshow has this waitlisted. Did anyone track when it went to waitlist? Im curious how likely my reservation is to convert.

The added neck for the Garfield sculpt, the webbing, the loose mask and the hands are the only changes/updates/additions. The original ASM2 Spiderman had these weird half-hands.

View attachment 650849

But still, wtf are these?

361945562_667539198743429_1905501941389806079_n.jpg

360156614_1851238208606674_60850247344545176_n.jpg

There's still pattern on the hands if you look closely. The zoomed in shot is just blurry.

But yeah the fingers look like sausages.

That's was my original thinking as well. But I'm tired of settling on mediocrity (no matter whose fault it is) and just being "grateful" something was released. These things are getting more and more expensive to just being happy with whatever they throw at you. At least, that's my perspective. That's not to say I'm not genuinely happy with some releases that others may feel are phoned in. But, if in the back of my mind, I buy a figure that I KNOW I'm not happy and excited for, it's 100% of the time going to eventually get sold.

Not saying you are wrong... in this case though, I am good with how he looks, considering the likeness issues.

Would rather have all three suits by Hot Toys than two of them and a knock-off 3rd party for him.
Love the Lizard diorama base, as well.

Once Peter 1, Peter 2 and Peter 3 are in the display together I will be a happy camper.

Have you ordered from OSK before and if so, has it been a long time? if you still can't see it while logged in, you'll need to email them to get permission.

And I've decided to just go with Tobey given how this released turned out. For once, it's not entirely HT fault but still, just not feeling the unfortunate lack of effort in this. Even if they couldn't get Garfield's approval for a new sculpt, they still could've updated the suit to a more accurate color/material as well as worked out the body proportions to be a bit better and more accurate.

I have the cool, big diorama display stand from the Holland integrated suit Spiderman that I'm going to use on Tobey Spiderman since it has the Doc Ock arms, Green Goblin bombs and some sand detailing which all make for a pretty great all around Tobey Spiderman display piece.
Yes, I got my InArt Joker, Mars Toys Prank Villain and Dynamic Duo from Kit.

Seems its sold out now anyway.

There are quite a few areas of difference so it's not exactly a reissue. Overall difference summary is the patterning of cloth and more fitting materials, newer body used, spider web patterning and lining throughout the body that is more accurate to the movie version, updated hands that reduces fabric tearing.

Headsculpt aside, comparing it to the older version shows a stark contrast. I have the older ASM2 version and it really is showing it's age, this would be a good upgrade until another version of it comes along

Last edited:

There are quite a few areas of difference so it's not exactly a reissue. Overall difference summary is the patterning of cloth and more fitting materials, newer body used, spider web patterning and lining throughout the body that is more accurate to the movie version, updated hands that reduces fabric tearing.

Headsculpt aside, comparing it to the older version shows a stark contrast. I have the older ASM2 version and it really is showing it's age, this would be a good upgrade until another version of it comes along

Hmmm yeah there are quite a few significant improvements after all, more like a 1.5 release. Good video!

Having seen them next to each other, the new one has been reworked and is much much better. The body and suit is completely different too. I don't regret ordering this.

However, 10 years later, and they still can't get the metallic pink sheen on the suit right. The EG Captain America had a nice crimson shiny red on the stripes and Ant-Man has a shiny metallic red on the material. why the hell can't they get that on this?

I would've been happy if they ditched the head sculpt and then put the budget into the suit more.

Back