Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like tons of these around town. AE still has 11 available for PO. Did they presell like 3 of these?

Big price drop coming if that holds. Guys with moderate interest should be able to pick this up 3 months after release for a good discount.

I guess people just turned away from this in droves. I blame TLJ.

Yikes, there goes my hope for the Range Trooper ...

That’s a shame. Just recently got around to seeing this, and then bought the Blu-ray. I enjoyed it.

Strongly considering getting some figures from this to go along with my now growing HT SW collection. Am I going crazy or was there a two pack with Han and Chewie from this? Can’t seem to find it anywhere....

That’s a shame. Just recently got around to seeing this, and then bought the Blu-ray. I enjoyed it.

Strongly considering getting some figures from this to go along with my now growing HT SW collection. Am I going crazy or was there a two pack with Han and Chewie from this? Can’t seem to find it anywhere....

Nope. Only the Han Solo (standard and deluxe), Han in Mudtrooper disguise and the Patrol Trooper. A real mish mash of figures. That’s probably all they’ll ever release.

Damn, so they didn’t even release that Chewie shown by itself? Real shame, because this movie had some very cool designs in it.

Yikes, there goes my hope for the Range Trooper ...

Yep, I think that's a pipe dream along with the more important RO Tank Trooper.

I really thought the Mudtrooper sold out... but now I see availability at both AE and Timewalker. No one wants these. I should cancel my PO and pick this up for $180 around Christmas.

Yep, I think that's a pipe dream along with the more important RO Tank Trooper.

I really thought the Mudtrooper sold out... but now I see availability at both AE and Timewalker. No one wants these. I should cancel my PO and pick this up for $180 around Christmas.

This should not be a shelf warmer though. It's easily one of the very best SW designs since Disney took over. A notch below Krennic and right at the same level as the Death Trooper.

Hopefully the lack of preorders results in very few of these being made...

But still, AE has 11 available? Did they really order more than 15 to start?

So the question becomes: 1) does SS force AE to take their initial order -- and AE is stuck with 11 of these for a long time? Same with all the other retailers. Or does HT just make fewer and AE and others are freed of their original order request because no one has been POing for over a year.

I don't know how that works... but it either means (in case 1) the market will be flooded, or it means (in case 2) that these will be drastically rare.

Right now I have a PO to pay full price... and I feel pretty foolish about that now. I mean, HT knew this would be a low seller, and likely only planned for a small edition, and yet AE and Timewalker, etc, couldn't even sell out of their likely small allotment in all this time.

Haha, I blame TLJ too......and having it too close to IW, and no marketing and moving it away from the normal Christmas location. But we all know the reasons.

My final decision was that I might contemplate getting this guy on discount if I see him. Don't seem to be too many around here in Europe.

Yeah, why didn't they schedule it for Xmas? Would have done way better, had more time away from TLJ, more promo time, less Star Wars fatigue, competition with IW. Plus I had SW withdrawal this past December.

I have a feeling that these’ll be in short supply due to low POs. I don’t think HT will flood the market FO style. Possibly same deal as the Shoretroopers. Love this design and will most likely pick up 2 and try to replicate the 2nd to look like the other unreleased Muddie.

Yeah, why didn't they schedule it for Xmas? Would have done way better, had more time away from TLJ, more promo time, less Star Wars fatigue, competition with IW. Plus I had SW withdrawal this past December.
Great question

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I hope this guy sticks around and gets a nice discount. More than happy paying full for one and get some deals on a 2nd and 3rd. People are gonna regret sleeping on this figure just like they did Shoretrooper.

I jumped on the PO thinking this would go the way of the Shoretrooper... but the Shoretrooper sold out long before it arrived. I know because I tried to pick one up later. All gone. So few made that it was going for a high price as soon as it was released.

But this still has PO stock unsold.

I don't know. But yes, eventually, this will be like the Shoretrooper -- impossible to find.

The Range Trooper would have been a pretty cool figure. Mudtrooper and Range Trooper are cool enough for a display all their own.

If they did regular Mudtrooper instead of Solo Mudtrooper, it could have been sold out. Han's outfit is different than regular trooper. In current situation, I see it as another Han figure rather than a trooper figure.

If they did regular Mudtrooper instead of Solo Mudtrooper, it could have been sold out. Han's outfit is different than regular trooper. In current situation, I see it as another Han figure rather than a trooper figure.

This! Psychologically can't think of it as anything other than Han in disguise. The Patrol Trooper is on the screen for seconds and is an easy pass as a result. If they'd released the regular Mudtrooper and the Range Trooper then that would've been tempting. I'd take that Rogue One Tank Driver over any of them though.

Yeah I bet a lot would pick up a Tank driver. Cassian series maybe......I hope so considering development for the figure is done. Plus it just looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I was holding out for a regular Mud Trooper but eventually got this as I don't think that one is coming out. Just need to fix the exposed neck and maybe change the name plate on the stand

I have this and the Patrol Trooper on order. Looking forward to them, love the designs.

As others have said, I have a feeling this will end up being like the Shoretrooper.

Back