Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this figure, looks good. Reminds me of something out of some different reality WWI. Some trench warfare chemical ready solider.

If it goes on sale I’ll probably pick it up.

Yeah, while SW stuff always had a WWI/WWII look to the costumes (in some cases literally - using real WWI/II uniforms and weapons, which is slightly creepy in some ways) I do think this design could have gone through one more level of "galaxy far far away" abstraction, especially because the outfit is used in muddy trench scenes straight out of WWI.

You could transplant some shots from Solo into "1917" and people wouldn't notice.:lol

The figure looks fantastic in Justin's video. The weathering is not overdone, either, which is good to see. Can't wait to add him to the collection.

Best exchange of the day.:rotfl

We.... we... we're on the SAME SIDE?:horror:blissy:lol

QDlYYEi.png

Posting incel-sanctioned photos of women with short haircuts and glasses. So original. You go girl!

Posting incel-sanctioned photos of women with short haircuts and glasses. So original. You go girl!

I wasn't referring to you. I'm on your side, dude.:dunno

But I would never post pics of volcels to be "original" and please stop gender-trawling with your dated "go girl" isms.:lecture

I like this figure, looks good. Reminds me of something out of some different reality WWI. Some trench warfare chemical ready solider.

If it goes on sale I?ll probably pick it up.

Might not make it to sale. I see this going the way of the Shoretrooper.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if both of these Solo figures have short runs

The mudtrooper Han may be very sought after it disappears.

The boss is putting me back on payroll next week, so I celebrated by ordering MudSolo. Wasn't a big fan of the film, but I'm a sucker for Troopers.

You're funny. :wave

And volcel humor is not for everyone.:dunno

Might not make it to sale. I see this going the way of the Shoretrooper.

I dunno about this whole idea of this fig going Shoretrooper - Rogue One surprised on the upside whereas Solo was hyped then disappointed, and now a couple of years down the track it seems RO is far more loved than Solo is these days.

But yeah, if these Solo figs went into actual production after it was known that Solo had tanked, maybe it's just about super low production numbers that will make these few number of Solo-based figs dry up and rise in price fast.

I think the Patrol Trooper has a better chance at being the Shoretrooper, if for only the fact that it's a generic trooper and mudtrooper here is mostly associated with "Young Han Chronicles" given that a Han sculpt is underneath the helmet after all. Hope they release one of the Shoretrooper variants at some point.

And volcel humor is not for everyone.:dunno

I dunno about this whole idea of this fig going Shoretrooper - Rogue One surprised on the upside whereas Solo was hyped then disappointed, and now a couple of years down the track it seems RO is far more loved than Solo is these days.

But yeah, if these Solo figs went into actual production after it was known that Solo had tanked, maybe it's just about super low production numbers that will make these few number of Solo-based figs dry up and rise in price fast.

Really doesn't matter how loved the movie was. It's Star Wars, it's unique, very cool looking and likely a low production run. Still it is just speculation.

I have never fully understood the hype around the shoretrooper myself, but then I didn't really like the design from the get go. I guess the design works for Scariff base, but for me stormtroopers would have been the way to go if not for SW marketing. From a design standpoint alone I prefer this Mudtrooper by a mile.

Best exchange of the day.:rotfl

We.... we... we're on the SAME SIDE?:horror:blissy:lol

QDlYYEi.png

While they look similar, the parts on this fig actually don't quite match the Veers armor/helmet. The chest armor especially is quite different.

Wow, looks pretty damn good there.

Yep.Differences are very noticeable between this and Veers.
I was thinking more that it's TESB ANNIV and they are on their way after this 1.
Just seems like a great opportunity.

Let them have their fun [emoji6]
9517936e456a46ec3a9c30a803db44df.jpg

2b7c2327cef87e609365e4ee5ac3c898.jpg

:dunno:lol

Yep.Differences are very noticeable between this and Veers.
I was thinking more that it's TESB ANNIV and they are on their way after this 1.
Just seems like a great opportunity.

Yeah, I really wish the armor pieces were carbon copies of Veers outfit so they could make reuse more easy for Hot Toys but even the helmet has a number of differences. I know the Jawas and Gonk have been a curveball but I really saw Veers as more a Sideshow type figure than Hot Toys.:(

There are some of us out here that love Solo more than Rogue One

True, but in truth, not many. You see a lot of discussion of and love for RO whereas Solo it's a lot more muted. The movie certainly has its charms though. I still love the Han/Chewy meeting scene and the Mimban sequence is a lot of fun.

Back