Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he knew you meant eBay.

But an eBay “pre-order” is the same as a purchase. It’s just a pre-order in name only. And it’s on the seller’s word that they actually send you anything when the item is finally released if you’ve lost buyer protection because it’s been too long.

It’s actually against eBay policy to sell an item as a pre-order further out past 30 days I believe.

Even if the seller is trustworthy, I definitely would not recommend buying an item on eBay as a pre-order more than 180 days out (length of PayPal protection). Even with a big discount. You never know what’s going to happen in life between now and then. Something could happen to the item, to the seller, to production, to the company, etc.

I know what you mean. It is definitely a risk but my choices of vendors are limited. I only buy from the more well-known eBayers if I use eBay.

With few releases expected for Solo, ordering only one. Will most probably display Solo in his main outfit and have this one displayed as a faceless mudtrooper.

Anybody order more than one to hedge the eventual shoretrooper effect?

I think the Shoretrooper effect has been blown out of proportion when considering potential rarity of the Solo troopers. With the exception of the R1 TK, all the other R1 troopers are still readily available and I suspect if the other Shoretrooper variants had made production, so too would they.

Nothing like watching the movie to reinforce a HT purchase :lol

Watched it a third time after PO’ing this guy. Get myself hyped up for the fricken year long wait hehe. Plus I wanted to support the Star Wars Story line of films, doubt I did any help for Solo’s box office :(
Watched TLJ once and that was enough. Want to see it again but will wait til Netflix gets it.

I emailed HTs last week about the stand for this figure. I've seen the stand saying "Mud Trooper" in some photos and the one from secret base says "Han Solo". HTs didn't reply, lol.

There is a variant.
I checked pics at the start of the thread.
Hoping a General Veers is on the horizon now with the some what similar armour here.

There is a variant.
I checked pics at the start of the thread.
Hoping a General Veers is on the horizon now with the some what similar armour here.

Ah yes I remember now. A variant standing in the background or to the side. No doubt that variant will suffer what's known as "Shoretrooper Syndrome".

Back