1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really liked the movie and now I even kind of want this figure. I'm shocked. No interest to a definite maybe. And I kind of want a Qui ra and a Lando too.

I really enjoyed this movie.

Too bad all we're going to get from it is young Han.

Not much else to be made really. The leads are all fairly uninteresting looking as figures. I don't want a Beckett or Qi-ra, even though I enjoyed them. And the troopers are barely in it and, in a way, not even real troopers. The sore spot for me is no good villains in this story.

So who the heck would HT make even if this movie did well on its run? If they didn't make Cassian or Baze, they won't make Beckett, Val or Qi-ra who are designed even less interesting.

That said, I kind of want young Han. I liked Alden.
Well, Hot Toys loves their light up gimmickry. So maybe the bad guy with the glowing red scars and eyeballs will get a figure.

I just don’t know what people wanted. What did you all expect from a Han Solo movie? It expanded upon some of the stuff that Han and Lando talked about. What else do you want. It was never gonna be the original trilogy quality or some big summer blockbuster. If you didn’t like it, fine. But stop acting like the film makers had some personal vendetta against you.

I'm not seeing much anger or outrage on here, mostly just disappointment from those like me. And yeah it filled in a lot of details and backstory, but in such a rushed and artificial way that I had a hard time really caring much about anything that was happening. And of course it didn't help that it felt about 30 minutes too long.

I just don’t know what people wanted. What did you all expect from a Han Solo movie? It expanded upon some of the stuff that Han and Lando talked about. What else do you want. It was never gonna be the original trilogy quality or some big summer blockbuster. If you didn’t like it, fine. But stop acting like the film makers had some personal vendetta against you.

I never thought this film, or RO, were necessary. RO exceeded my low expectations while Solo met them.

Can someone explain this to me? What's with the "soy"? Been meaning to ask this for a while.

Soylo originated from comic book artist Ethan Van Schiver on Youtube ( ComicArtistPro Secrets). Soy is said to have properties that mimic Estrogen when absorbed into your body, implication is that when men eat soy it makes them more feminine.

Darth Maul- :rotfl

Last edited:
Hi Res pg 30 post #298

PD1527139741IrS.jpg

PD1527139740ddW.jpg

PD1527139739523.jpg

PD1527139738pxU.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

PD15271397373W8.jpg

PD15271397421dh.jpg

PD1527139743EO2.jpg

PD1527139744WfC.jpg

PD1527139745624.jpg

PD15271397464KK.jpg

PD1527139747MAG.jpg

PD1527139748SOY.jpg

PD1527139749Kv1.jpg

up_1.jpg

For the first time I was not super excited to see a Star Wars movie and I really enjoyed this. I liked RO when Vader came on at the end, that really made that a great movie for me and I like what they did on Solo. I had absolutely no plans on even thinking of picking up any figures from this move. I am about to pull the trigger on Mr. Solo deluxe version! My only SW disappointment has been TLJ (and Jar Jar). :yess:

With the release of this figure and others from the film, there is even more justification for HT to release the Millennium Falcon cockpit. 3 different generations of characters using that same diorama. :lecture

Yeah, the whole train sequence was probably the best — in part because it wasn’t trying to explain some element of Han that we already knew about. I liked the Kessel Run though too.

Saw the movie last night and was ready to write it off, but damn did it win me over. I loved pretty much every second of it. How do I put this, I've been indifferent of the character of Han Solo until now. This movie was one of the best times I've had at the theater in a while.

Can't decide if I want to preorder this or not.

I want it having just seen the movie but I fear this is the only figure we're going to get and I don't really want just lone young Solo. Maybe I should just wait.

I see BBTS has an NRD on this. Standard for anything not OT.

Back