1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too.
It?s a real shame the movie didn?t resonate with more people.

That was a real shame. :monkey2

I think it was partially doomed from the start by those who would never accept someone other than Harrison Ford taking on the role. Watching the film I had no problem accepting the character as a younger Han.

I pre-ordered all four of the figures that HT are definitely releasing for the film, and to me they're some of the most interesting looking 1/6 Star Wars figures. Far more so than much of the Sequel Trilogy.

The Patrol Trooper is one of the most aesthetic trooper designs, and a stand out on display.

With the Mudtrooper I might use a generic head and have him displayed with the goggles and mask as a not-Han Solo Imperial.

Robo-Maul is the version I really wanted when I settled for Sideshow's Maul 2.0.

I usually go for the deluxe versions of figures, but with Han I opted for the regular since I couldn't imagine ever wanting him in the fur coat

It's not that the film didn't resonate with people, I've found that most people I know, once they saw it, generally liked it well enough. The real issue is that it came out on the heels of all the Last Jedi controversies and there was an environment of ill will towards Star Wars. Solo didn't get a fair shot. Even by me, I didn't go see it, just saw it after it was out on bluray and even then didn't rush to see it. Once I saw it though, I was pleasantly surprised. There are things I didn't love, and like R1 it's kind of unnecessary, but I enjoyed it all the same. The actor that played Han was actually quite good and appealing in the role.

Last edited:
Figure releases really depend on how well the movie/tv show does. Mimban and Range Troopers are not out but Incinerator Trooper is. I like them all but yea, I really want a Range Trooper.

Figure releases really depend on how well the movie/tv show does. Mimban and Range Troopers are not out but Incinerator Trooper is. I like them all but yea, I really want a Range Trooper.

They released the fantastic beasts figures out of nowhere and that movie bombed worse than Solo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They released the fantastic beasts figures out of nowhere and that movie bombed worse than Solo

Did it though? According to wikipedia (always a reliable source) Solo had a budget of between $275-300million and only made 393.2 million in the box office whereas Fantastic Beasts had a budget of $200million and made $653.8million.

If Johnny Depp plays a character there is a Hot Toys figure not far behind. It must be a strange fascination of Howard Chan.

Got another email about changes to the flex pay schedule. Pushed back yet again, now until at least March 5th, kinda feel like this figure just might not end up getting released. It's been delayed a good what, 4 months already? I'm patient though, hopefully this'll be in our hands by spring.

Got another email about changes to the flex pay schedule. Pushed back yet again, now until at least March 5th, kinda feel like this figure just might not end up getting released. It's been delayed a good what, 4 months already? I'm patient though, hopefully this'll be in our hands by spring.

Or look very generic (ie Bruce Banner, Commmando, Ichobad Crane etc)

They've done the same with the Gamora figure and I'm sure that's still coming. I think there's just a priority shift and backlog of stuff. It'll be here eventually. Anxious for in-hand pics.

They've done the same with the Gamora figure and I'm sure that's still coming. I think there's just a priority shift and backlog of stuff. It'll be here eventually. Anxious for in-hand pics.

Oh man they keep pushing back GotG VOL 2 Gamora too huh? It could be weather related too, moving ocean containers across the sea for 3 weeks in winter can slow stuff down. Pretty sure my Blitzway Zorro that was also slated for Jan/Feb got pushed back.

Back