1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty despondent about this Figure now, might be asking for a refund soon. Or just wait till it's cancelled. Hot Toys are saying nothing. Shame. They seem to be able to turn out anything in armour quickly enough.
I am just buying it to stick a Ford head on. They should have sold this with one as an extra, it might have sold better. Especially the smiling sculpt from the Stormtrooper disguise.

Pretty despondent about this Figure now, might be asking for a refund soon. Or just wait till it's cancelled. Hot Toys are saying nothing. Shame. They seem to be able to turn out anything in armour quickly enough.
I am just buying it to stick a Ford head on. They should have sold this with one as an extra, it might have sold better. Especially the smiling sculpt from the Stormtrooper disguise.

Right!? I really thought this would have sold well for custom fodder, for people who wanted to put various Ford or Hot Toys Han head sculpts on this. I got it because I ended up liking the film and I really like all the accessories that this comes with. Does seem strange it's been delayed for no real reason.

It will get released. It is a long damn wait though. I had it pre-ordered but decided to cancel a while back as I had too many open orders and something had to go.

I believe if it's more than a 3 month delay at Sideshow, they'll refund your NRD too if that's where you ordered.

Hopefully they?ll run out of ideas for iron man soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Morrisons the Hasbro Qi'ra figures have been reduced from 5.00 to 2.50 GBP.

They had one left and it seemed rude not to get her. I'm sure the sculpt has potential.

In Morrisons the Hasbro Qi'ra figures have been reduced from 5.00 to 2.50 GBP.

They had one left and it seemed rude not to get her. I'm sure the sculpt has potential.

I have only gotten the time to remove the hair and repaint the face with white primer, but it's definitely an amazing sculpt.
What a great find!
Thanks for posting pics of it. I'd never have known otherwise!

I have only gotten the time to remove the hair and repaint the face with white primer, but it's definitely an amazing sculpt.
What a great find!
Thanks for posting pics of it. I'd never have known otherwise!

Was it easy removing the hair?

Now that I have two of these I'm going to enhance one with a paint-up, treating her as a statue. The stock finish on her upper body is better than the lower, so the jacket may only need a shading wash.

The skirt, belt, leggings and boots, however, have a cheaper, shiny plastic appearance and need a full repaint. Then there's the little belt cylinders and bracelets.

Comparing the S-195 blaster to the real thing it turns out that it's pretty accurate in detail, barring the omission of the trigger guard.

Solo Qi'ra S-195 blaster.jpg

Was it easy removing the hair?

Now that I have two of these I'm going to enhance one with a paint-up, treating her as a statue. The stock finish on her upper body is better than the lower, so the jacket may only need a shading wash.

The skirt, belt, leggings and boots, however, have a cheaper, shiny plastic appearance and need a full repaint. Then there's the little belt cylinders and bracelets.

Comparing the S-195 blaster to the real thing it turns out that it's pretty accurate in detail, barring the omission of the trigger guard.

View attachment 477571

Looks great. I can’t wait to see what you do with it.
The hair is easy to remove. Just dunk the head in a cup of boiling water for a few minutes. Take it out and shake it dry then peel the hair off. The head is also easy to remove from the peg this way.

Looks great. I can’t wait to see what you do with it.
The hair is easy to remove. Just dunk the head in a cup of boiling water for a few minutes. Take it out and shake it dry then peel the hair off. The head is also easy to remove from the peg this way.

I'll give that a go. At least with the hair off it gives a chance to test paint the skin where it'll eventually be covered by the hair.

I'll give that a go. At least with the hair off it gives a chance to test paint the skin where it'll eventually be covered by the hair.

Yeah. It?s not hard to get the hair off.
Here are some pics of the white primed face. It?s definitely a good sculpt. A decent paint job will make it look amazing.

d79df9eb16b82cb20bced04c1cf64f4e.jpg

428a2b84966ed6b6ad2e98ddd6327ac7.jpg

99573be087c88d0f4c1caab30893fdca.jpg

I think discussions about the Qi-Ra figure should be moved to their own board

I don?t think this is bothering anyone except you.

Or I?m the only one saying something about it. If you want to talk about her figure, go to the channel specifically for her, don?t clog up this one.

Or I?m the only one saying something about it. If you want to talk about her figure, go to the channel specifically for her, don?t clog up this one.

Settle down. Nothing is being clogged up. If you can't handle a minor deviation from the thread title maybe this place isn't for you.

Back