Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 5 of these snow troopers 3 of which are hot toys and the other two are sideshow. I did manage to get two hot toys snowtrooper sculpts to up grade my ss last year when they could be had.

I’m surprised there isn’t any KO heads of these available by now. Someone would make a decent return if they were to sell some recasts of the HT helmets.

Sounds good, thanks guys!

I'm still a bit undecided since they look awesome, but I'm trying to decide if I really need two of them or not haha. Looking for a new shelving system (60" of space now yay), so maybe once I get that it'll make me feel better about having a duplicate lol

Troopers look best in pairs, unless it's a one of each deal. I'd personally keep your set whole.

Good figure... except for the boots. Can’t unsee how bad the paint job is and I find it kind of lazy that they didn’t go for fabric boots. Would have made this figure close to perfect.
1a1d5d5b9de95b8b8f418818daaae56c.jpg

c104e6b62bbb8e51c5736b80890aaf6b.jpg

Yeah, the Sideshow boots are a bit better - and modded can be much better. In my review when I got the Ht Snowie, I said the HT boots feel very Hasbro in both sculpt and paint.

Can you guys comment on this pose? Does it look "natural". I am having a tough time getting it to look right
Thanks
IMG_0731.jpg

Upper body looks great. Lower half needs to be slightly tweaked to show weight or stance. Looks like he’s leaning on the sand. Some slight leg adjustment should do the trick.

Yeah, agree with D.R37. Maybe pose without the crotch grabber to start with. That'll generally get you in the direction of a balanced pose.

Also, have a look back through this thread. There are plenty of good pics indoor and outdoor which you could use to get your legs etc right.

The pose is unbalanced so it looks like he's falling backwards a little.

The pointing arm is also at a bit of a weird angle. Straighten it out, and maybe bring the rifle arm up at an angle to counter. Or bend the pointing arm and just point with the hand.

I’d like to pick one of these up one day. As opposed to having run of the mill Stormtroopers, I seem to be going the route of having troopers that are specific to only a particular film.

R1 - Shoretrooper
ANH - Sandtrooper
TFA - Jakku Trooper

I got 5 of these bad boys 3 are hot toys and 2 are SSC with the hot toys snowtrooper helmets. I picked up a lot of the parts when they could be found easily.

I notice nobody wants to crinkle the face shields on these. The material looks like it would be thin enough to crease.

In what can only be described as a "doofus" move, I initially passed on the Hot Toys Snowtroopers.

Well, that has finally been rectified. I have one on the way. It's the Battlefront version, so my only gripe is with the "flying" stand. I did take the time to skim through the thread and saw some interesting alternatives, so I should be good to go.

I'm tempted in getting a second one...

I do wish the E-Web Repeating Blaster was still available. That would make it a no-brainer.

Back