Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure the going prices but the HT Snowie is a great fig. It even puts the Sideshow Premium Format to shame

I wished they would release another two pack of these with different weathering patterns. I’m sure they won’t but I would love if they did.

26940982_1824581064227327_1808613097_n.jpg

Great, great looking figure.

I know we're all still disappointed that the Snowtrooper Commander figure isn't by HT and the initial Sideshow images were pretty terrible... but the more recent images of that figure that were taken weren't too bad at all. How compatible do people think the SSC version will be with these Snowies? I'm asking in the sense that the cloth parts of this have a warmth to the colour in them... maybe little more than the SSC.

The Commander we see for a split second in ESB looks very clean and promo and production photos of that seems to show the costume has no weathering while the Snowies that stormed Echo base were indeed weathered. I'm just hoping that any colouration (cooler greys etc) is at least accurate and the figures work together... especially if we don't get one from HT.

I'm tempted to say as compatible as a SSC figure can be with a HT figure. Any way you're looking at it, a HT snowtrooper commander will always look better along HT snowies.
As a matter of fact, i currently have HT snowie displayed next SSC AT-AT pilot. A good as the latter looks, they do not blend perfectly. Driver's half an inch taller, boots are not as detailed and body is a lot tougher to pose naturally.

I have the same set up with Luke Snowspeeder Pilot with them. The height thing doesn’t bother me as I have the Snowie posed for attack while the AT-AT is more to attention so they’re doing to be different height anyway. The boots I agree with but production images I’ve seen of the Callander has the boots pretty accurate being moonbootish and clean.

I’m the same with my SSC TIE Pilot alongside the DS Gunner... the height doesn’t bother me at all.

I'm tempted to say as compatible as a SSC figure can be with a HT figure. Any way you're looking at it, a HT snowtrooper commander will always look better along HT snowies.
As a matter of fact, i currently have HT snowie displayed next SSC AT-AT pilot. A good as the latter looks, they do not blend perfectly. Driver's half an inch taller, boots are not as detailed and body is a lot tougher to pose naturally.

The boots are the main thing I don't like. Best way I can describe it is that they just look like some inflatable boot, while the Hot Toys have actual combat boots on. Hopefully I can find one for retail or close to it. Just too good looking to not be in my collection.

Other than the stumpy legs and Hasbro-level sculpted boots, this is a truly superb figure. Just got my second one along with the SSC cannon - can't wait to set it all up.

Other than the stumpy legs and Hasbro-level sculpted boots, this is a truly superb figure. Just got my second one along with the SSC cannon - can't wait to set it all up.

A great figure, but indeed the Sideshow version has better looking boots and legs overall. The reason I kept mine and added a HT helmet on it

Think I’m ready for Hot Toys to take a crack at that Scout Trooper now. Wonder how much longer before that is shown. Maybe SDCC?

Has there been any indication that they’re looking at that figure? The Biker Scout along with Han Bespin and Echo Base Luke & Han are pretty much all I’m waiting for.

Back