Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I posted this pic some time ago - I customized the SSC Snowie and used a cast of my first HT snowie's helmet. There are several aspects to the SSC fig that I think look better than the HT - the boots being one of them.

jk0nOxH.jpg

I’m looking at that picture and seeing so much good in that SSC figure over the HT. Makes you wonder how their Commander went so wrong on their initial takeover of the project.

Yeah, I posted this pic some time ago - I customized the SSC Snowie and used a cast of my first HT snowie's helmet. There are several aspects to the SSC fig that I think look better than the HT - the boots being one of them.

jk0nOxH.jpg

I've said this before about this very picture, but the SS version look far better proportioned than the HT. The most glaring thing for me which throws the HT figure off is the length of the arms. The SS figure really has the "man in a suit" look to it in this pic.

jk0nOxH.jpg

Hey TaliBane, I don't suppose you have any plans to do a run of helmet recasts for us fellow freaks? :wink1: I'm sure you'd have more than a few takers!

jk0nOxH.jpg

I've been trying to find this picture for a long time but I couldn't remember the page number. It looks so natural in how the costume just fits him.
Impressive.

Yeah, both the SSC and HT Snowies are improved by removing the undersuit.

The HT Snowie is a little on the short side, and it seems like the problem is the legs are a bit stumpy - some HT leg extenders popped into the ankles might help.

It would have been amazing to have seen HT use fabric for the boots like Luke Bespin. They're fine and do the job, but the HT boots do have a bit of a high-end Hasbro vibe to me.

Hey TaliBane, I don't suppose you have any plans to do a run of helmet recasts for us fellow freaks? :wink1: I'm sure you'd have more than a few takers!

Yeah, a few people asked back when I first posted. The problem is I'm terrible at casting, and this one especially difficult because of the thin cowl part. How I got this one to work I have no idea - miraculous the resin cured and there were no huge bubbles.

It's why I'm so saddened that Enaud seems to have disappeared from the custom section - he did the most amazing casts and recasts I'd ever seen. He used the SSC Snowie helmet for the Snowie Commander head he made, so casting the HT helmet would have been easy for him, and affordable for everyone.:(

Hope he comes back at some point - his stuff was amazing.

For me removing the leg padding improves the figure...
View attachment 389114

Nice, how much of a pain was that?

I'm not sure why HT likes their figure to look like they have adult diapers on...

I can't believe that SS Snowie is getting praise now but was being dumped on a while back, lol. But I do like their under suit more and the boots. Kind of wish I kept mine to change it out on the HT one...

I'm not sure why HT likes their figure to look like they have adult diapers on...

I can't believe that SS Snowie is getting praise now but was being dumped on a while back, lol. But I do like their under suit more and the boots. Kind of wish I kept mine to change it out on the HT one...

SSC Snowie had issues with the helmet (small eyes, weird cowl) and large hands. When you replace the SSC helmet with a HT one, you can see it becoming a different figure all together.

I did it yesterday after reading this and it was really simple. I didn't have to remove anything above the waist to do it.

I must admit I'm tempted to attempt to lighten the straps around the boots like TaliBane has on his. That really makes the boots look less 'moulded toy'. Not that I've attempted any kind of figure customising before but I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard would it?

SSC Snowie had issues with the helmet (small eyes, weird cowl) and large hands. When you replace the SSC helmet with a HT one, you can see it becoming a different figure all together.

I wish I could do that at reasonable price. Sadly Toys Anxiety doesn't ship to Italy anymore. I bought a Tomy helmet but it looks a pain in the ass to customize. :(

Man in the suit. Nice pic.

:exactly:

Nice one, TT. One of the best I've seen on here.

:duff Thanks, guys. I got annoyed when I noticed the wrist peg showing after the fact, but I think it was freezing and windy that day and he kept falling over so I gave up. Boots in the snow improve the sculpt of the boots too. :lol

Yeah, both the SSC and HT Snowies are improved by removing the undersuit.

The HT Snowie is a little on the short side, and it seems like the problem is the legs are a bit stumpy - some HT leg extenders popped into the ankles might help.

It would have been amazing to have seen HT use fabric for the boots like Luke Bespin. They're fine and do the job, but the HT boots do have a bit of a high-end Hasbro vibe to me.

Yeah, a few people asked back when I first posted. The problem is I'm terrible at casting, and this one especially difficult because of the thin cowl part. How I got this one to work I have no idea - miraculous the resin cured and there were no huge bubbles.

It's why I'm so saddened that Enaud seems to have disappeared from the custom section - he did the most amazing casts and recasts I'd ever seen. He used the SSC Snowie helmet for the Snowie Commander head he made, so casting the HT helmet would have been easy for him, and affordable for everyone.:(

Hope he comes back at some point - his stuff was amazing.

Ah ok. I know it’s a real tricky process from other comments about making recasts on this forum. Solo bones is in the process of making some casts of more accurate 1/6 ANH Stormtrooper buckets. I’ll maybe see if he’d be interested taking this on as his next challenge!

Back