Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working on making a short and tall trooper. The tall trooper is pretty much the regular snowtrooper (added a Finn neck peg for a little extra height) and then the short trooper is using the Boba Fett body and the snowtrooper lower legs. Body is pretty similar but the upper body is a bit skinnier and the arms don't have padding so it gives it slightly different proportions.

Ah dude - TonTon, where'd you get that holo display?!

I'm always surprised by how impressed I am when I receive a new Trooper. I'm generally not a huge fan of Troopers on film but get at least one of each (from the Original Trilogy) to have one for the collection and they're always awesome. Have to say the Snowtrooper could be my favorite. Either it or the Sandtrooper.

Ah dude - TonTon, where'd you get that holo display?!

I want one too. I contacted Stoney on Facebook. He said if we both want them he will order up the LEDs. If you are serious about it drop him a message.

If not, let me know so I don't leave him hanging.

A fellow named Stoney's Stands on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/StoneysStands/

I think he still sells them for $90 each. I'd always meant to build some kind of base to hide the lighting part but I'm not that handy.

Thanks for the heads up buddy, Stoney does good work always. I'll keep it in mind for the future. Cheers, TonTon!

I want one too. I contacted Stoney on Facebook. He said if we both want them he will order up the LEDs. If you are serious about it drop him a message.

If not, let me know so I don't leave him hanging.
I'll have to sit this one out man, right now my cash flow is lower than I would like so my free money is taken up by the current preorders I have. Thanks for letting me know and all that jazz. I do hope you get yours and it fits the bill perfectly!

Thanks for the heads up buddy, Stoney does good work always. I'll keep it in mind for the future. Cheers, TonTon!

I'll have to sit this one out man, right now my cash flow is lower than I would like so my free money is taken up by the current preorders I have. Thanks for letting me know and all that jazz. I do hope you get yours and it fits the bill perfectly!

Cool. No worries. If anyone else is interested let Stoney know.

The original stands are now destroyed, hope SS will be happy with this.
bf3f57aed3358d37a5e22d64d3ba3443.jpg

I let my wife take care of the destruction... why don't you tell me how you really feel about my collecting? :lol :rotfl

Rook: eat your heart out with my mad skilz....lol.......finally have the room bright enough where the camera will at least take a non blurry pic....lol

Been working on the lenses on my sideshow one.........I think they look ok together myself......DSCN0007.jpg

Not sure if on the ht version I like the material used for the actual face covering part. any alternatives out there?

Last edited:
Rook, your photography is first rate, I thought those were promotional images at first! I enjoyed your first review as well!

BOBBY

:lol

Thanks, guys. HELL, the Sideshow trooper is enough of a departure from the Hot Toys troops that it provides a bit of flavor to the display. I keep thinking of pictures of Russian and German soldiers during WWII. A crisp, clean uniform never makes it past the first encounter with the enemy.

Those pictures are plain awesome Rook! You too Oh HELL NO thanks for posting!

Can anyone with the 2-pack of Snowies explain a few things regarding the flying stand? Can it be made to display the trooper on the ground? Is the hole in the stand made in such a way to be able to replace the pole with a regular one?

Back