Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess in the case of the Snowtrooper, it’s projected money made so huge success! I wonder if the thought of potential money lost is a consideration. Or the cost of a second batch would be a loss!!

I cant imagine a second run would be a loss maker as everything exists already. Plastic moulds, designs etc. The only thing maybe would be specific materials for costumes that may be one off runs ???

Factory space and resources also would play a roll when so many figures are planned for production by HT going forward.

Other than that i also don't know why they don't do additional runs of top sellers like standard Stormtroopers for example.

Guess it keeps collectors happy with limited edition numbers, and HT also uses that to their advantage to get people to buy NOW or miss out. Otherwise we'd often wait knowing there will always be a second batch.

Maybe the deal is now to do much smaller initial runs and then do 2nd batches based on request (if the waitlist numbers are there). Makes more sense to do it that way.

The TFO troops and some of the heroes were unprecedented I guess. At SDCC there was one booth that had Phasma, Flame Trooper, Snow Trooper, and all the FO regular troopers going for $140. Another booth had lots of stuff and if you bought 3 you got one free, they even had Old Han in that deal as well as Master Yoda. A third booth had Kylo and Phasma for $150. Finn was $130 at multiple booths.

Sideshow was similar. You could get their 3PO, AT-AT driver and more for around $170. I went for Tamashi Nations 3PO for $400 and used up all my funds in one figure (which is awesome by the way) or I would have snagged at least two or three of these deals.

I think HT initially thought new Star Wars would be like the old Hasbro days but the price tag of this upper market is too stiff and the space requirements too much for a lot of Star Wars fans.

The TFO troops and some of the heroes were unprecedented I guess. At SDCC there was one booth that had Phasma, Flame Trooper, Snow Trooper, and all the FO regular troopers going for $140. Another booth had lots of stuff and if you bought 3 you got one free, they even had Old Han in that deal as well as Master Yoda. A third booth had Kylo and Phasma for $150. Finn was $130 at multiple booths.

Sideshow was similar. You could get their 3PO, AT-AT driver and more for around $170. I went for Tamashi Nations 3PO for $400 and used up all my funds in one figure (which is awesome by the way) or I would have snagged at least two or three of these deals.

I think HT initially thought new Star Wars would be like the old Hasbro days but the price tag of this upper market is too stiff and the space requirements too much for a lot of Star Wars fans.

Those sounds like great deals for those FO troopers. Buy three get one free? I would be tempted by some troopers I haven't gotten yet, along with Yoda.

Edition sizes will surely be smaller for TLJ. For both pre-orders and extra stock. Whatever they did for RO will probably be done again here. If interest is really there after they sell out then like you guys said, a second run can be done.

091a52919642c1e90514ea2b68b6127f.jpg

This was the only one I could find actually.

Those sounds like great deals for those FO troopers. Buy three get one free? I would be tempted by some troopers I haven't gotten yet, along with Yoda.

Edition sizes will surely be smaller for TLJ. For both pre-orders and extra stock. Whatever they did for RO will probably be done again here. If interest is really there after they sell out then like you guys said, a second run can be done.

Doesn't sideshow still have their 3 for 2 deal on TFA figs ??

Its not so easy to find on their site but should be able to get there via a google search.

Doesn't sideshow still have their 3 for 2 deal on TFA figs ??

Its not so easy to find on their site but should be able to get there via a google search.

I think you may be right on that. I actually used that deal a while back on buying the Finn/Riot Control set and got a free Flametrooper. I already had Finn but I wanted the Riot Trooper and Flametrooper.

My budget is gonna be tight from now on, however if Yoda were part of the deal on Sideshow too, I might find a way to afford a few more.

Been working on making a short and tall trooper. The tall trooper is pretty much the regular snowtrooper (added a Finn neck peg for a little extra height) and then the short trooper is using the Boba Fett body and the snowtrooper lower legs. Body is pretty similar but the upper body is a bit skinnier and the arms don't have padding so it gives it slightly different proportions.

fullsizeoutput_2a63.jpeg

where did you get those floor grates? the display in whole looks great Ton Ton. might have to look and see if can find a longer neck socket for mine.

Thanks, grevious! Those are from Ben/Chewie/Han/Leia/Luke. And then I picked up a few extras on eBay or Toy Anxiety.

The shortness on the left is mainly just coming from the shorter neck and neck peg that the Boba Fett body has.

:duff I'm a bit jealous of the wide shelves you guys have. The detolf is great, especially for some character pairings but I'd love to do a large Hoth display and it's not right for what I have in mind. Have 3 snowtrooprers now, probe droid, couple imperial droids and hopefully soon the e-web. Would be cool to add a couple Hoth style tactical screens like a base invasion.

Back