Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if this pic means we're only getting this BTTF version for the time being with ESB and two pack coming later or all three are implied to be coming at the same time but HT decided to display only this one.

Wondering if this pic means we're only getting this BTTF version for the time being with ESB and two pack coming later or all three are implied to be coming at the same time but HT decided to display only this one.

I was wondering the same thing but I wanted to stay positive and believe they just displayed the one to represent all three.

Also, how often does HT post this kind of photo? Is this showing what's going to be released this coming month or this coming quarter?

But the single release (the one labeled ESB) does not include the tall stand and jetpack. So it must be from the 2-pack.

But the single release (the one labeled ESB) does not include the tall stand and jetpack. So it must be from the 2-pack.

If the box in the background is any indication, we're getting both ESB and BTTF individually and then a 2-Pack.

My bad, I had missed that completely. Was that really announced from the beginning? How did I miss that?

I was wondering the same thing but I wanted to stay positive and believe they just displayed the one to represent all three.

Also, how often does HT post this kind of photo? Is this showing what's going to be released this coming month or this coming quarter?

They post these a few times a year (so not for all their releases--TFA Han & Chewie and Chirrut didn't get one, for example). I definitely take this as a one is all type of indication for the snowtrooper release. We'll see how it plays out. Usually all the figures shown come out in HK within 4 to 6 weeks of these images being released.

I don't quite remember, but besides the backpack, is there any other difference between the ESB and game Snowtrooper figures?

I don't quite remember, but besides the backpack, is there any other difference between the ESB and game Snowtrooper figures?

There's also the Bazooka, flight stand, and exhaust flames for the Jetpack.
Like others have said, I believe they're identical, just that the game version has extra accessories, which is why it's more expensive. It's possible that the game version might have a different weathering finish, but we won't know for sure until someone has both in hand for comparison.

There's no difference besides extra accessories. They used the BattleFront line as a perfect excuse to get Snowtrooper figs underway, without looking like they're stepping on any SSC toes. The Snowtrooper was displayed only as a BattleFront figure for months before the actual pre-order hit. Two birds with one stone. I wish they'd hurry up and do the same with the Scout Trooper. Give him an extra rifle or whatever and boom, BattleFront Scout! ..plus ROTJ version too, wink wink.

Definitely. I hope we get the Scout Trooper and ROTJ Stormtrooper as both ROTJ and Battlefront releases. There's tons of blasters and accessories from the game they could include.

The ESB Snowtrooper and the Video game Snowtrooper are also sharing the same photo in their gallery, so they better have the same weathering. If they turn out to have different weathering I'll be bummed because I would like to army build the variant :(

From the video game:
star-wars-snowtroopers-sixth-scale-figure-set-hot-toys-902894-15.jpg
From ESB:
star-wars-snowtrooper-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902807-08.jpg
note the bottom left footer of the images.

looks like they share several photos, so never mind I didn't discover anything worth contributing to this thread, move along.

lolz

There's no difference besides extra accessories. They used the BattleFront line as a perfect excuse to get Snowtrooper figs underway, without looking like they're stepping on any SSC toes. The Snowtrooper was displayed only as a BattleFront figure for months before the actual pre-order hit. Two birds with one stone. I wish they'd hurry up and do the same with the Scout Trooper. Give him an extra rifle or whatever and boom, BattleFront Scout! ..plus ROTJ version too, wink wink.

Yes please.

I was happy with my SS Scout until I started researching to make a Scout Trooper for myself. Now it's just okay.

Might get the two pack and have them flank RO Vader since I switched Han and Luke heads over to the Stormtrooper bodies. Seems like a wise move, since RO Vader has the ESB look anyway.

Back