Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
01fd7b337fc2c39b84d8d3860bbe5657.jpg

...not sure what I feel about this yet.
I don?t think the jacket is bulky enough the not the right color (should be lighter than the flight suit) and I don?t like the gloves.
84b25dd0edba39b946d75fa232135eda.jpg

From these pics it looks like Hot Toys giant hands are still a problem. I know there very poor pictures but nothing here apart from the helmet looks better than the SS offering to me.

I missed out on the SS, however, I will wait for it to be parted out to TA and get the extra parts to add to original SS Red 5--I actually really like that figure. I am not paying $400 CAD for this...

I will not order this one, I have the Sideshow one, and for once... is Sideshow better?

Initial feelings were one of "cool! It finally is coming." It's a prototype so lack of "wow" factor is warranted. With that said, I'll be picking one up and looking forward to the loose parts as well.

It?s hilarious.

In the Child 1:1 thread everyone is saying he looks great because it is the prototype.

In this thread the reason given why he doesn?t look good is because its only the prototype.

You can?t make this **** up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It?s hilarious.

In the Child 1:1 thread everyone is saying he looks great because it is the prototype.

In this thread the reason given why he doesn?t look good is because its only the prototype.

Here's the difference:

HT figures tend to get better or match the Protos.

Sideshows tends to fall sharply from Proto to final.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice! I?ll likely pick this up if they actually release it. More cheap Jawa style base topper though ��*♂️
What’s weird is they’ve made environment stands in the past. I’d rather they just re-used those rather than doing the cheap toppers. Coco will likely see an uptick in some custom stand orders.

It?s hilarious.

:lecture

Not all prototypes are made equal. Some receive a lot of time and attention until they look perfect. Some are rushed out the door to be ready in time for a convention.

Here's the difference:

HT figures tend to get better or match the Protos.

Sideshows tends to fall sharply from Proto to final.

This, exactly. Just compare the prototype photos of one of their premium formats to the actual release. Especially for most movie characters.

:horror

I also firmly believe HT will clean some of this up, whenever they release this....or if. As Wor Gar pointed out they still haven't released that sloppy Bespin Luke from last year. This is still a very disappointing display of figures, even if you are optimistic about what the future holds for them.

I'll be moving into a much larger home relatively soon, but at this rate I'll already be looking to downsize into retirement by the time ESB Lando and Han finally arrive.

Its sad that a company like HT SHOULD be getting better, but they are spreading themselves too thin across too much and becoming to big has hindered the company in a lot of ways. Rushed photos and taking short cuts like the Jawa bases and reuse of sculpts has shown.

I really hope this is a very early proto. Feel like the jacket should look more like the material used for the First Order Tie pilot. And I really hope that the head is just a placeholder as well. If not then you would have to assume any new Bespin Luke will also use it just like they showed last year, and it is already annoying enough with all the Leia sculpt reuse.

I'm guessing that is the new strategy with HT. Nail (or get as close enough as the licensor approves) for sculpt then reuse for all the different looks. Might explain why we haven't seen Bespin or Endor Han. They haven't hit the "close enough" mark on Ford to reuse the same sculpt over and over and over again.

Regarding futzing, keep in mind that probably nobody from Hot Toys is actually onsite, and these were all setup by the futz masters at Sideshow.

That Death Star Trooper sure looked polished and ready to go a couple years back. How's about HT does something ****ing astounding and puts that up for preorder this week?

Exactly my point as well because if you are going to reveal a character and that same exact character already exists in the same medium, scale and materials then at the very least have the original SS version on your table at your R&D and make damn sure you get everything right on your version that they got right on their version for your big reveal to the world.

Now they have to suck it up and deal with all the whining serves them right lol

Last edited:
Exactly my point as well because if you are going to reveal a character and that same exact character already exists in the same medium, scale and materials then at the very least have the original SS version on your table at your R&D and make damn sure you get everything right on your version that they got right on their version for your big reveal to the world.

Now they have to suck it up and deal with all the whining serves them right lol

We all know what they are capable of, clearly they are slacking here. From the reused sculpt, crappy costume, down to the awful base.

Back