Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny that everything that hot toys produce in the same quantity as they produced stuff for the TFA is doomed to fail and become a shelf warmer.
The brand Star Wars is OT,PT and ST, they are the same **** about space wizards and facism. So if the TFA line fails them it means that the whole line will take a step backwards.
So in a way its the fault of the haters of the new stuff who hates just for the hate that you're not getting ESB Han.

Hot Toys will show off the Bespin Han Solo about a month after Toribox ships out their version. It will look pretty good. Those who didn't buy the custom will be glad they waited, because they saved about $600, Those that bought in, will say Yunsil is miles better. And then people will complain that we still don't have Lando. Then someone will ask Yunsil to make Lando, the Interest List will take 2 years to get around ... the circle of life.

Well, you can't really blame people for not wanting to buy something they don't give a **** about :dunno

I am didn't said that. What i said is that HATE will doom this franchise,there is no point in separate the three eras of star wars, from a brand perspective they are the same ****.
If you like Star Wars behave like a Marvel fan instead of a DC fan, you can be critic about the history but dont hate just for the hate.
You dont need to buy things you dont give a **** about, but you can respect and move on instead of contribute to the spread of hate.

Aside from the general divide of love and hate of the ST I think HT simply made too many of those troopers in anticipation of the movies doing well. HT Rey, especially training Rey, pretty much sold out. Kylo isn’t a peg warmer either even though the TFA version sat around for a while. No telling how well TRoS Rey will do but I guarantee HT isn’t cranking them out in force like before. Hobbit Luke is just a funky version of that character and will probably sit around for a while. Crait Luke looks cool enough that SW and Luke fans will probably buy it up regardless of hating TLJ just because it’s a generic enough looking Master Luke in his prime.

Regardless of the three trilogies being part of Star Wars I find it less and less difficult to seperate the ST from the OT and disregard it as canon as time goes by. The only figure I’ll own from the ST will now be Crait Luke simply for the reason I mentioned. And if HT only produces PT and OT figures from here on out my dislike of the ST will not have any impact on me buying them all up. I’ll even have just about whatever they make from Solo and The Mandalorian on my shelves too.

I hope Jet Trooper does not sell well also. I hope to biy it with free global shipping (It's 40usd alone).

Its funny that everything that hot toys produce in the same quantity as they produced stuff for the TFA is doomed to fail and become a shelf warmer.
The brand Star Wars is OT,PT and ST, they are the same **** about space wizards and facism. So if the TFA line fails them it means that the whole line will take a step backwards.
So in a way its the fault of the haters of the new stuff who hates just for the hate that you're not getting ESB Han.

The OT and the ST are not the "same" thing. Anyone who believes this is a complete idiot.

The OT was created by a magnificently talented team of people who came together in an effort to tell the most entertaining sci fi story they could while pushing the boundaries of what was possible in terms of special effects.

The ST happened because a corporation bought a popular franchise in an effort to cash in on it's popularity. Said corporation foolishly hired a coattail rider who brought together a team of hacks to tell a disjointed story whose only goal was to disparage what came before in an effort to advance an agenda.

I think the flametrooper is by far the best trooper design from the ST myself.

The Flametrooper is a great figure. Even though I?m not a fan of the ST I?m still tempted to re-add that to the collection. It?s by far the best ST Trooper design.

Yeah Jakku and Flame are my 2 favorite.

Jakku for regular trooper.

Flame for specialized trooper.

The Flametrooper is the only other ST trooper that I was considering for the longest time. I think he went down to $130 at one time, but I still just couldn't pull the trigger.

The OT and the ST are not the "same" thing. Anyone who believes this is a complete idiot.

The OT was created by a magnificently talented team of people who came together in an effort to tell the most entertaining sci fi story they could while pushing the boundaries of what was possible in terms of special effects.

The ST happened because a corporation bought a popular franchise in an effort to cash in on it's popularity. Said corporation foolishly hired a coattail rider who brought together a team of hacks to tell a disjointed story whose only goal was to disparage what came before in an effort to advance an agenda.

Star Wars is OT,PT,ST and Spinoffs
This is in your head, you're an adult so stop being a deluded child. corporation bought a popular franchise in an effort to cash in on it's popularity Thats is exactly what George Lucas did after a New Hope, the only difference between Star Wars and Power Rangers as a franchise is the format to tell a history but they both were made to sell toys and merchandising.
"pushing the boundaries of what was possible in terms of special effects", this is what GL did in the prequels.
I love Star Wars and the simple reason for you to say that there was an agenda in the Sequels means you don't understand what this franchise is about. There was always an AGENDA in the series.

Pleasant.

I believe the poster was trying to articulate that they're both a part of the same franchise. You can hate that all you want but it's true.

I don?t know the original poster, so I wouldn?t call them stupid ? but I do think their statement is an unprovable assumption at best, totally inaccurate at worst.

We don?t know how HT marketing department works or what they do or don?t understand about Star Wars.

You can?t blame the audience for not liking the entertainment.

You can?t blame the consumer for not buying the product.

In each case it?s up to the purveyor of the product to read the market and do the best they can.

Fail at reading the market, you offer the wrong thing.

Fail at delivering a competently produced product, come under fire.

I don?t know if fandom is ?divided? on the ST. If it?s really a split decision that?s one thing, but if it?s the ST failing to respect the legacy and failing to deliver a resonant narrative, with a small group of ST fans (for whatever reason) screaming ?They were robbed!!? without any concrete back-up ... well ... that?s not a question of ?haters?.

To further complicate things, there are legions of casuals and children who don?t care. They wanted to see space opera with lasers and that?s what they got, time to move on to the next thing. They bought a lot of movie tickets but they?re mostly done.

I don?t think the ST was a commercial failure by any stretch of the imagination, but that doesn?t validate it as innovative or resonant cinema.

It?s derivative as hell and is unlikely to resonate with anyone who actually expected more than white hats, black hats and laser swords.

Star Wars is pulp fiction and will never be more; it doesn?t need to be. But it still needs to be good pulp fiction, which is where I think the ST failed. That?s not hating for the sake of hating, that?s me looking at something I really wanted to succeed and admitting it failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why ANH (Star Wars) will always be special... and why it really should top people's Favorite Episode List every time. It is the ONLY Star Wars movie not made with toy sales in mind.

i am sorry to tel you but, actually Geroge Lucas was thinking in toys and merchandising when he made New Hope, its in the documentary "The Toys That Made Us"

Hot Toys will show off the Bespin Han Solo about a month after Toribox ships out their version. It will look pretty good. Those who didn't buy the custom will be glad they waited, because they saved about $600, Those that bought in, will say Yunsil is miles better. And then people will complain that we still don't have Lando. Then someone will ask Yunsil to make Lando, the Interest List will take 2 years to get around ... the circle of life.
I'll definitely be picking up HT offering as well whenever they decide to stop dragging their ass. But there's no question Yunsils will be "miles better".

I'm actually more excited for Robbie's Han Rig/Blaster/Belt set though. That looks like a work of art on its own.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

i am sorry to tel you but, actually Geroge Lucas was thinking in toys and merchandising when he made New Hope, its in the documentary "The Toys That Made Us"

His thinking about toys, whatever it was, was not to the scale we think today. He kept the merchandizing rights in hopes to make a little extra money. He could never imagine at the time what he just stumbled in to. And he never set out to make Star Wars because he saw a huge cash bonanza on toys.

His thinking about toys, whatever it was, was not to the scale we think today. He kept the merchandizing rights in hopes to make a little extra money. He could never imagine at the time what he just stumbled in to. And he never set out to make Star Wars because he saw a huge cash bonanza on toys.

He did create Star Wars thinking in the story and the toys\merchandising, the good guys uses blue and the bad red, this is a marketing choice. He literally owns a trademark on the term ‘lightsaber’.

"He could never imagine at the time what he just stumbled in to. And he never set out to make Star Wars because he saw a huge cash bonanza on toys" His deal with Fox is this exactly bet

Read this: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1997-02-06-fi-25849-story.html
Basically this is what made him a visionary millionaire

Where is that Toribox/Yunsil Han Bespin figure? On here or FB?

I am didn't said that. What i said is that HATE will doom this franchise,there is no point in separate the three eras of star wars, from a brand perspective they are the same ****.
If you like Star Wars behave like a Marvel fan instead of a DC fan, you can be critic about the history but dont hate just for the hate.
You dont need to buy things you dont give a **** about, but you can respect and move on instead of contribute to the spread of hate.

ST doesn't go unsold due to hate - it's a lack of love.

Aside from the general divide of love and hate of the ST I think HT simply made too many of those troopers in anticipation of the movies doing well. HT Rey, especially training Rey, pretty much sold out. Kylo isn?t a peg warmer either even though the TFA version sat around for a while. No telling how well TRoS Rey will do but I guarantee HT isn?t cranking them out in force like before. Hobbit Luke is just a funky version of that character and will probably sit around for a while. Crait Luke looks cool enough that SW and Luke fans will probably buy it up regardless of hating TLJ just because it?s a generic enough looking Master Luke in his prime.

Regardless of the three trilogies being part of Star Wars I find it less and less difficult to seperate the ST from the OT and disregard it as canon as time goes by. The only figure I?ll own from the ST will now be Crait Luke simply for the reason I mentioned. And if HT only produces PT and OT figures from here on out my dislike of the ST will not have any impact on me buying them all up. I?ll even have just about whatever they make from Solo and The Mandalorian on my shelves too.

The weird thing is, it's really ONLY the Reys and Kylos that did sell like HT SW figures "should." BB-8 did to some degree, though he was mostly sold as Rey accessory and I did see him available for a long time (partly due to stuff like the RC version.)

Old Han and Luke from TFA did sell, though pretty slowly - I recall seeing that TFA Han/Chewy two pack in stock years later and the the TLJ Leia and Luke versions (Crait less so) seem to have become pegwarmers too. And the older OT hero versions also obviously have appeal to OT-only fans, so harder to categorize them as ST only.

tbh, other than Rey and Kylo, it's really only the lobster guards that did seem to sell reasonably fast from the ST line-up, maybe because they were 95% a specialized version of the ROTJ Royal Guards.

It's interesting there were so few 1/6 versions of ST major supporting characters you'd expect like Snoke, Hux, Poe, Maz, Rose, even the "cool creatures" like the Simon Pegg alien. Since the Kenner 12-back, SW has always been as much about figs of cool supporting characters as the leads.

Back