1/6 Hot Toys Sith Trooper – Early Release Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My trooper obsession is tingling, but I won't break my neck or wallet trying to get an 'early release' version when I know the regular release of the Sunburn Trooper will be coming along eventually.

They'll probably be a deluxe version past that with more stuff and a different base. :lol

love the armor design and wish this armor design was the base for the new Stormtroopers than what we originally got.
The Sith armor looks sharper, slimmer and overall rocks hard
And have no issues with he red color, I think it looks great, and love the red trim on the blasters

But I hope down the road, HT makes a white and black version

So, instead of a unique design, we get a cross between the FO trooper and some Phase 2 Clones... with red dumped over them. I’m not suprised considering the lack of creativity of the ST. Bland visuals and designs, boring aliens, re-hash of OT/PT plot.... Hopefully this is the only figure from TROS that Hot Toys make, so they can get back to the better PT/OT stuff. Probably will be judging on the past releases being available still and for so cheap. ST bombed so hard they still haven’t released the 3rd most prominent character, Poe!

This is more like the complete copy of DeathTrooper - regular one, I dont see any aesthetic of clones in this trooper.

The visor black lines carrying down the helmet nose is what reminds me of the Clone armor.

I kind of feel like we are mice being tested. we have seen what has become of the bargain bin Hot Toys FA troopers yet we scurry when practically the same thing in a different color is offered (with “limited packaging sticker” included).

I get the idea of exclusives… I actually dig the idea of an allotment of rarities… it keeps people talking /dreaming/hunting… the algorithms have determined that we are easily manipulated/influenced. we received what we deserve. a sticker on a box.

we received what we deserve. a sticker on a box.

:lol

Well put. For a lot of the collecting community unfortunately I fear. You have FOMO, you have hype, on top of all the other weird psychological hang ups with nostalgia that that made us collect expensive chunks of plastic in the first place.

It's truly astonishing what people will pay for something as silly as a sticker. I've seen Funko Pops with the actual SDCC sticker versus the common "shared exclusive" sticker go for almost double the price depending on the piece.

You might have noticed me saying, "It's definitely red." That was me saying exactly what you just said.

Having said that, though, it's definitely in line with the cleanness of the Praetorians, or even the iTroopers from TFA. The First Order is comprised of a bunch of tyrannical, thin-skinned, controlling ****s. It's easy to imagine their leadership/middle management being the sort that would find "weathering" unacceptable.

Pics...

48274242591_503ceba283_h.jpg

48274326817_3e63abb475_h.jpg

48274226971_1dc2480be6_h.jpg

48274228461_dbd2647b89_h.jpg

48274229796_a57a07915f_h.jpg

48274231221_6c142a9378_h.jpg

48274315572_5363fe69f4_h.jpg

48274317062_721825d781_h.jpg

48274318272_7d3e813913_h.jpg

48311996322_46598ac433_h.jpg

Absolutely stunning gallery of shots. You showcase the figure really well. That said, I'm still not inclined to get it.

I just don't like Disney duckbills, no matter what color they are. These red ones are screaming "Black Hole" to me for some reason.

Thanks for the good look.

Absolutely stunning gallery of shots. You showcase the figure really well. That said, I'm still not inclined to get it.

I just don't like Disney duckbills, no matter what color they are. These red ones are screaming "Black Hole" to me for some reason.

Thanks for the good look.

They really are incredible shots. These sold me on the look.

I would have really liked to get one of these but I am sure they will release others and probably with more accessories. I can wait.

This is a dope figure. Glad I go and score one. These sold out within 45 min of the show opening each day. We’ll see if SS gets them online. Hope you can score one if you weren’t at the Con.
f1aac0eae77ba3a007e6451035e9e678.jpg
cd2acd7a91d3968401e9656c76abf8d9.jpg

Back