1/6 Hot Toys Sith Trooper – Early Release Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone with the advanced release speak to the articulation on this guy? Better than the other FO Troopers?
I just got the ROTJ Stormies and they have great articulation. Hoping they start using this undersuit material for more troops instead of the rubber.

At least it won't be as bad as the arms on the Patrol Trooper... biggest disappointment with a figure yet for me :(

At least it won't be as bad as the arms on the Patrol Trooper... biggest disappointment with a figure yet for me :(

Eh? Articulation on Patrol Trooper is great. Better than any other trooper I have (although I hear the ROTJ trooper also is pretty good - mine still on PO).

Has anyone else noticed the middle of the helmet looks like tarantula fangs? That's got to be a deliberate, right?

Can anyone with the advanced release speak to the articulation on this guy? Better than the other FO Troopers?
I just got the ROTJ Stormies and they have great articulation. Hoping they start using this undersuit material for more troops instead of the rubber.

WAY better than the other FO Stormtroopers.

Is this up anywhere with reasonable shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this up anywhere with reasonable shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBTS, Alter Ego and TimeWalker should have it up tomorrow. SS seems to have just put it up late today, so I would expect their wholesale solicitations to go out tomorrow.

EDIT: This looks to be a SS Direct Exclusive in the US. I was told by the two retailers I reached out to this morning.

I'm disappointed to have to pay SS shipping on this.

They seriously expect to sell out of this figure when it's upwards of $230? Is there anyone paying full price for this? If the last two films are anything to go by then it'll cost half the price within 18-24 months. They'd be better releasing some more Rogue One or Solo troopers, as they'd sell out for sure, even at that price.

Probably a smaller production run was expected, hence the prices are higher so they can achieve the target margin on the product. I do agree that they need to release the RO and SOLO troopers.

They seriously expect to sell out of this figure when it's upwards of $230? Is there anyone paying full price for this? If the last two films are anything to go by then it'll cost half the price within 18-24 months. They'd be better releasing some more Rogue One or Solo troopers, as they'd sell out for sure, even at that price.

They wont produce these figures. They surely have learned from the force awakened figures. I am more interested in this than anything from Solo.

They wont produce these figures. They surely have learned from the force awakened figures. I am more interested in this than anything from Solo.

How have the poor sales of the Force Awakens figures got anything to do with how well the Rogue One and Solo troopers would sell? If you look on eBay the Rogue One troopers are going upward of ?/$400 each. Here in the UK, the cheapest Shoretrooper you can get is from Spain for over ?500, and after that you're going ?700-1,500. That shows there's a big demand for them. I'm sure if you did a poll on here of what people would rather spend their money on then the Sith Trooper would get very few votes in comparison to the RO Tank Commander and Solo Range Trooper. I imagine the PT Clone Troopers would easily beat out the Sith Trooper as well. Still, it's a nice release for those that want it, it just seems overpriced considering the poor sales of previous ST troopers.

EDIT: The site seems to think the British pound sign is a question mark for some reason

How have the poor sales of the Force Awakens figures got anything to do with how well the Rogue One and Solo troopers would sell? If you look on eBay the Rogue One troopers are going upward of ?/$400 each. Here in the UK, the cheapest Shoretrooper you can get is from Spain for over ?500, and after that you're going ?700-1,500. That shows there's a big demand for them. I'm sure if you did a poll on here of what people would rather spend their money on then the Sith Trooper would get very few votes in comparison to the RO Tank Commander and Solo Range Trooper. I imagine the PT Clone Troopers would easily beat out the Sith Trooper as well. Still, it's a nice release for those that want it, it just seems overpriced considering the poor sales of previous ST troopers.

EDIT: The site seems to think the British pound sign is a question mark for some reason

Iron Man figures aside, I don?t think Hot Toys really cares about the secondary market at all. They?re reactionary and they probably already have the numbers in mind for this guy and I agree with Malgus that it?ll probably be it after these ?two?? runs. Businesses just won?t put all their eggs in a basket after the lackluster sales of TLJ and Solo.

Hell, you can just tell from this thread how the interest for this figure is just meh, at best.

If you are not interested in this figure fine. I just don't get why you seem so determined to prevent people who want this figure from getting it. You don't speak for every collector. There is not need for you to be in this thread demanding hot toys doesn't release this and other figures you don't approve of. Hot Toys could care less about your personal opinion.

If you are not interested in this figure fine. I just don't get why you seem so determined to prevent people who want this figure from getting it. You don't speak for every collector. There is not need for you to be in this thread demanding hot toys doesn't release this and other figures you don't approve of. Hot Toys could care less about your personal opinion.

*couldn't care less

If you're going to go off on one of your usual teenage girl tantrums then at least get the grammar correct.

*couldn't care less

If you're going to go off on one of your usual teenage girl tantrums then at least get the grammar correct.

If you want to correct other peoples ?grammar? then at least look it up. In fact ?could care less? and ?couldn?t care less? have the same meaning. [emoji2369][emoji3526][emoji6]

If you want to correct other peoples ?grammar? then at least look it up. In fact ?could care less? and ?couldn?t care less? have the same meaning. [emoji2369][emoji3526][emoji6]

I suggest you double-check that, buddy. They have the exact opposite meaning ;-)

Anyway, it was more polite than calling him a moron.

Back