Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, mate! I had just switched out the BD shield to FA Cap and I'm waiting on my Tamiya TS-79 to arrive so I can test spray the flaking shield before I do it on the Avengers shield. Hopefully it'll work. :pray:

As long as the shield hasn't flaked too much, i am sure you can save it.

I just noticed it start about 2 weeks ago before I left home. Apologies for the photo quality, a good camera is still on my list of things to get whenever I can find the time to research it.

It doesn't look too bad, just some spots here and there are losing the red.

I'm pretty decent at drawing but painting is my achilles heel. I'm just horrible at it for some reason. I was hoping to test spray this one, and if it works and doesn't bleed, I'll do it on the Avengers Cap shield which I've kept in the box, and maybe use this one as a stepping stone to display Red Skull with, once I finally get him, heh.

Ah, that's great to know! I wouldn't mind a chrome shield in the worst-case-scenario. Thanks for that tidbit!

Ah, that's great to know! I wouldn't mind a chrome shield in the worst-case-scenario. Thanks for that tidbit!

No problem.
The chrome cannot be affected by the acetone, so all it does is wipe off the original paint over the chrome.
I daresay the chrome is in some way to blame for the flaking.
Here's what happens using acetone:

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

photo_1-4.jpg

It does look perfect as the prototype shield, save for the star in the middle. Would you just dip the shield in acetone or poor it over the top?

Hi guys, I just picked one of these up from Ebay. Is it just me or are the legs kinda wonky and he is hard to stand up? I'm just worried he's going to fall over in my case.

Hi guys, I just picked one of these up from Ebay. Is it just me or are the legs kinda wonky and he is hard to stand up? I'm just worried he's going to fall over in my case.

They were all like that.
Get two little blobs of blu tack and put one under each foot before you put him on the stand. The weight of the figure will stop him sliding, and he'll be secure enough.

They were all like that.
Get two little blobs of blu tack and put one under each foot before you put him on the stand. The weight of the figure will stop him sliding, and he'll be secure enough.

Great suggestion. Thank you.

Well, I was changing hands on mine yesterday and one of the hand pegs snapped. :mad: I want to buy some spare pegs from eBay or somewhere so I have them in reserve - I'm pretty new to collecting them, though, so can anyone tell me if there's specific pegs I need to look out for? The pegs for my Coulson are smaller on the ball joint, so I'm guessing HT has sizing parameters...

Well, I was changing hands on mine yesterday and one of the hand pegs snapped. :mad: I want to buy some spare pegs from eBay or somewhere so I have them in reserve - I'm pretty new to collecting them, though, so can anyone tell me if there's specific pegs I need to look out for? The pegs for my Coulson are smaller on the ball joint, so I'm guessing HT has sizing parameters...

They do.
Here you go:
https://www.collectablekitbash.co.uk/Hot-Toys-Bane-Hand-Pegs-p/httdkrbel-04.htm

Back