Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks so awesome:clap:clap:clap It looks so realistic and makes the stock version look like a toy.

THanks man.

The blue on the originally grey straps really brings it more in line with comic look.

Subtle but nice!

Happy that someone noticed that.
That was one thing bothering me about the design.
Never understood why they went with grey straps rather than blue :cuckoo:

That and plastic looking helmet.

Damn Elvis! That is an awesome custom. Almost makes me want to pic one up. But I know I wouldn't be able to make mine look that great.

If you want advise you can pm me.:wave

Elvis, love the work u did on the TFA Cap!!! Looks absolutely goregous! Except the helmet is slightly too shiny tho..

Thanks bro, it is a bit less shiny in person. You have the light of the detolf just above his head.

The color of the suit and the shield really looks almost like its on-screen counterpart in elvis' rendition...that darker blue color of the suit especially really is what sets it apart from the HT version..amazing, amazing job!

P1040476.jpg

Damn, that looks good! I would love to attempt something like that using that Tamiya weathering kit but I feel like I would ruin a $200+ dollar figure.

Did you ever think about doing tutorials? We sure could use one for this.

check out the one I did, a few pages back... if you just go REAL slow... a little sandpaper on the fabric... paint washes with DILUTED paint... it's a TON of fun!!! you'll be over the anxiety of ruining the fig in seconds!!! Cause you WON'T ruin it!!! it'll be great!!!

-r.

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

there you go

Wow dude... you ruined it!

Nah, just kidding! That looks fantastic man! How do you guys achieve that battle damaged look on the shield? I talking about the scratched paint showing the silver metal.

I went at it with a little rough sandpaper... VERY gently, to give some texture... then a good whack of black and grey and dirty brown washes. Then went in with silver paint and hit the exposed parts, and did some light drybrushing to give it a little metallic feel all over, especially around the edges.

Fun!!!!

Back