Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are metals out there that don't stick to magnets. People know that right?
Ferrous and non ferrous metal?

Yeah I know. If you read back a few pages you will see I was referring to Gulley Foyle who was being a smart arse about figuring out if it was metal by checking to see if it was magnetic. He either implied or I inferred that he had already did the test himself. I just decided to try it and realized he was just trolling.

I'd still like to know if it's been confirmed if the helmet is metal and not ceramic or some other type of dense material.

We posted up our Hot Toys MMS 180 Captain America (Rescue Uniform Version) video/ pictorial review this morning!

rescuecap2.jpg

Check it out if you get a chance- Hot Toys MMS 180 Captain America (Rescue Uniform Version) Review

(Just to warn those unfamiliar with our video spotlights- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consisit of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics..)

rescuecap7.jpg

Sallah

I know that some metals aren't magnetic, lol. But the material on the blue helmet feels like ceramic.

This guy is great - I actually wouldn't mind owning it. :lecture

I just can't justify the purchase enough unfortunately however..

Yeah... I wish he wasn't so pricey. He is a really great figure and it bums me out that many folks won't have him in their collections due to price. :(

Sallah

Apologies if this is an old question. If I were to buy just the head on eBay, is this head compatible with the original's neck piece? Would I be able to just pop the new head on?

Thank you!

I believe the helmet to be metallic luster ceramic. That's the reason it's cold to the touch and heavy like a tin spoon mixed with a coffee mug and isn't magnetic. That's also the reason that the anti polarity metaloids don't repel dust but do repel water. I feel less intelligent just having typed this.

We posted up our Hot Toys MMS 180 Captain America (Rescue Uniform Version) video/ pictorial review this morning!

rescuecap2.jpg

Check it out if you get a chance- Hot Toys MMS 180 Captain America (Rescue Uniform Version) Review

(Just to warn those unfamiliar with our video spotlights- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consisit of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics..)

rescuecap7.jpg

Sallah

More fantastic pics Sallah! I hope you do the same for the entire Avengers team! :clap

Holy crap Sallah! Your pictures make me a believer. I have just added this one to my must have list. That list doesn't seem to want to get shorter. lol

More fantastic pics Sallah! I hope you do the same for the entire Avengers team! :clap

Holy crap Sallah! Your pictures make me a believer. I have just added this one to my must have list. That list doesn't seem to want to get shorter. lol

Thanks so much guys! Really glad ya enjoyed them!

We do plan on eventually getting to all of the Hot Toys in my collection (plus the pre-orders once they arrive), so the Avengers are definitely coming. Next up is Blaze's pick- Irom Man Mk II Armor Unleashed. We thought we'd leave it up to everybody else to pick the next one after that (if I own it). I do own both the Nick Fury and Avengers Iron Man MK VI, so it is possible Avengers will be next up after the MK II...

Thanks again for the kind words!

Sallah

Hi Sallah, seen your videos on youtube a while ago and watched your captain america video yesterday, cool review, differant style yes but nice to see you include your son in your hobby:clap I was wondering if you would get hooked when I seen your first video on 89 batman and guess you have been:lol Looking forward to the rest of your reviews and you should do a collection video showcasing your current hot toys.

Hi Sallah, seen your videos on youtube a while ago and watched your captain america video yesterday, cool review, differant style yes but nice to see you include your son in your hobby:clap I was wondering if you would get hooked when I seen your first video on 89 batman and guess you have been:lol Looking forward to the rest of your reviews and you should do a collection video showcasing your current hot toys.

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, I am totally hooked... I thought I could just get Reeve Supes, Keaton Bats, and Nicholson Joker- But the insane quality of these roped me in. :) So if you enjoy our style of reviewing, there are bunch more Hot Toys reviews coming over the next few months!

I will definitely do a collection video at some point- Great idea! I did put together this little 360 degree panaorama with an iphone app the other day if you'd like to see where I am at currently collection-wise-

https://360.io/w5chzm

Sallah

Back