Hot Toys Scar Predator for $9,9999 BIN on ebay?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see that! i was indecise two days ago if do a thread about it or not , but i had bet that someone other shall had done it before( me ) or after

the very absurd thing is that these audictions ( yes there's a celtic too at same price ) was closed some day ago without any acquirent at 580 usd ( reasonable price afterall...at least respect 9000 usd ) and now the seller had re-put these at that stupid price

guys is more than an used car...

Has anyone actually thought that this may have been a mistake. If you look at his other items for sale, some may be a little bit above average price (but some are rare as well) so I fail to see why he would list these at $9,999.00. Seriously why would he? :confused:

Before everyone gets into a name calling frenzy take a moment to think. I cannot speak for the seller, but maybe he meant to list them for $999.00 or possibly because he is a Hong Kong seller they were supposed to be listed as HKD$9,999.00. This exchanges to about US$1,283.00.

Now both these corrected prices are maybe still too high, but then again possibly the seller is testing the market. These are both very rare figures and command high prices normally. Believe it or not, there are people out there that would pay these prices.

I have purchased from this seller many times and have always recieved good service and great items at great prices. I also saw this auction many days ago but didn't see the need to jump on here as I knew that it would start excactly what is occuring now.

If the seller does think that he can get the listed $9,999.00 prices for them, then good luck to him. :p

Has anyone actually thought that this may have been a mistake. If you look at his other items for sale, some may be a little bit above average price (but some are rare as well) so I fail to see why he would list these at $9,999.00. Seriously why would he? :confused:

Before everyone gets into a name calling frenzy take a moment to think. I cannot speak for the seller, but maybe he meant to list them for $999.00 or possibly because he is a Hong Kong seller they were supposed to be listed as HKD$9,999.00. This exchanges to about US$1,283.00.

Now both these corrected prices are maybe still too high, but then again possibly the seller is testing the market. These are both very rare figures and command high prices normally. Believe it or not, there are people out there that would pay these prices.

I have purchased from this seller many times and have always recieved good service and great items at great prices. I also saw this auction many days ago but didn't see the need to jump on here as I knew that it would start excactly what is occuring now.

If the seller does think that he can get the listed $9,999.00 prices for them, then good luck to him. :p

there is a difference between fair market value and insanity. if the seller wants to list this item for that price, then he should prepare to be criticized for his stupidity, either by mis-listing the price or his downright gall to ask that much for a piece of plastic. reputation is most everything on ebay. i do hope that seller hasn't 'gotten used to angel beach'. :lol

there is a difference between fair market value and insanity. if the seller wants to list this item for that price, then he should prepare to be criticized for his stupidity, either by mis-listing the price or his downright gall to ask that much for a piece of plastic. reputation is most everything on ebay. i do hope that seller hasn't 'gotten used to angel beach'. :lol

Actually this seller may be the smartest person on Ebay. Did you ever stop to think this may be the best way to advertise that you have Hot Toys Predators for sale. I bet you he has had many visits to this listing and also to his Ebay store because of this.

The $9,999.00 price is only the Buy It Now option, there is also a Make Offer available to buyers. In fact I noticed that 3 people have made offers already.

Judging by the "outrage" generated on this board, and probably many others, there is a lot of people talking about this seller. I bet that many other people, myself included, are now looking at his other items for sale. Hey, I have already seen two or three items that I am interested in.

So before everyone gets all worked up about it look at from another angle, after all as they say "any publicity is good publicity" :D :D

cheers

Last edited:
well i duno. after all he is the one paying for the listing fee. So if spending mula on a listing that will not sell will make him happy, more power to him.

just my 2 cents,
james.

Actually this seller may be the smartest person on Ebay. Did you ever stop to think this may be the best way to advertise that you have Hot Toys Predators for sale. I bet you he has had many visits to this listing and also to his Ebay store because of this.

The $9,999.00 price is only the Buy It Now option, there is also a Make Offer available to buyers. In fact I noticed that 3 people have made offers already.

Judging by the "outrage" generated on this board, and probably many others, there is a lot of people talking about this seller. I bet that many other people, myself included, are now looking at his other items for sale. Hey, I have already seen two or three items that I am interested in.

So before everyone gets all worked up about it look at from another angle, after all as they say "any publicity is good publicity" :D :D

cheers

now there's a twist. attracting people to laugh and criticize to get traffic. i personally would NEVER buy from this seller but there's a sucker born every minute. if he can afford to list the item at this price continuously to hopefully find that sucker in the crowd, more power. just saying no one in their right mind would consider doing business with this guy. but i'm sure your reasons to spend your cash with him are valid. :rolleyes: maybe we can talk about some land i have for sale. :lol

Back