Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha whatever saves you the most money man :lol

Free shipping w/ a $20+ slapped on would be nice, haha, but I probably won't risk it. I'll snag this guy with the $30 now.

It scared me a second before because it disappeared from the eligible items page, but you can still add him in cart and apply the coupon separately.

Free shipping w/ a $20+ slapped on would be nice, haha, but I probably won't risk it. I'll snag this guy with the $30 now.

It scared me a second before because it disappeared from the eligible items page, but you can still add him in cart and apply the coupon separately.

Hahaha do it man. Yeah those little heart attacks scare me. I tried to wait for the exclusive Leia to go to coupon but it went to WL and I just couldn't risk it and jumped on the WL.

Hahaha do it man. Yeah those little heart attacks scare me. I tried to wait for the exclusive Leia to go to coupon but it went to WL and I just couldn't risk it and jumped on the WL.

Haha, same thing happened to someone else with the Luke EX. I kinda miss those "Low Quantity" warnings when they were actually legit :lol

The BBTS stock is still showing at max which is the other tip of the scale pulling me back.

Haha, same thing happened to someone else with the Luke EX. I kinda miss those "Low Quantity" warnings when they were actually legit :lol

The BBTS stock is still showing at max which is the other tip of the scale pulling me back.

Yeah, they used to send out weekly emails saying "we have 10 left in-stock". I really miss those.

If BBTS still has a minimum of 24 units available, don't worry. The Sandtrooper is not a Stormtrooper and most people who went for the first will not go this deep in to the line. Same with the TFA stuff - it's going to languish on the vine for a LOOOOOONG time before it sells out. I'd be surprised if they sell out of that first TFA trooper EXCLUSIVE by Christmas time. For that matter, the EX Spacetrooper.

:hi5: Glad it worked out! I saw the $25 first, then went back a few pages and saw the other one for "dioramas".

:lol idk yet. I'm in your situation now, should I use it or wait for a possible better deal later down the line :slap

Yeah I saw the $25 but there's nothing I want to use that one on.

:lol idk yet. I'm in your situation now, should I use it or wait for a possible better deal later down the line :slap

Yeah I saw the $25 but there's nothing I want to use that one on.

Yeah, it's mainly that increased shipping that affects me, it's almost double. The flat $10 was perfect before, but it's only on some figures now, but in a way, it's going back to the shipping costs of the old days so it's not too big an issue, can't really complain too much since some ppl have that CA tax to deal with too. Just with the increasing prices and all, we're all trying to save the most we can.

Yeah, it's mainly that increased shipping that affects me, it's almost double. The flat $10 was perfect before, but it's only on some figures now, but in a way, it's going back to the shipping costs of the old days so it's not too big an issue, can't really complain too much since some ppl have that CA tax to deal with too. Just with the increasing prices and all, we're all trying to save the most we can.

Yeah, just normal shipping hurts me a bit since I'm in Hawaii, can't really send it by ground :lol

The only thing that should in theory be different is the quality of the costumes. Given the amount of effect they went through to recreate the Millennium Falcon for TFA, I'd hope they'd do the same for this since it occurs just before ANH.

Look at the teaser. The trooper costumes are significantly different - significant to people who are into details anyway, so the general population won't think anything of it.

Having watched the trailer a couple of times, what I'm seeing is a more symmetrical, polished helmet sculpt; the abdominal armour plates are either broken into more sections or have more strapping; the torso armour definitely has more strapping; the under-suit/body-glove appears to be padded in spots like the elbows; and the back of the belt is vinyl or plastic like a TFA trooper rather than canvas as in the OT.

Additionally, the troopers with pauldrons and backpacks (what we recognize as 'sandtroopers') appear to have the standard knee-plate as opposed to the original, rougher-edged diamond-shaped plates; I'm guessing they will have ridged connecting bridges at the shoulders too, rather than featureless -- and the armour looks to have slightly different, beefier proportions overall, likely to allow for movement, comfort, and larger actors than they used in the '70s and early '80s.

Good analysis ZE 501 [emoji106]

I think you essentially support my point. They just have the ability to do so much more now in terms of costumes. Let's face it, the Sandtroopers in ANH were using WWII surplus for weapons and pouches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course the new RO Stormtrooper armors are different from the OT Stormtrooper in overall design (not discussing here the pauldrons or knee plates) and this is because of a few factors like the much larger budget for RO and prop making (just $11 million budget for ANH - the rough equivalent of $40 million today compared for example to TFA - $245 million - even if RO has a smaller budget it won't be just $40 million), also the need to consider the hi-def quality of image today, where you can observe the issues of anything on screen, then you need build of the armor to fit the actors much better, the same with the props etc. It wouldn't be right for present time to re-use the OT sculpt directly without any improvements. I love the OT TK, but it is not fit for this time and age of film-making

I think the original Stormtrooper will have now 2 separate branches: the classic OT Stormtrooper (asymmetrical, wonky, rough - I love it) and the RO Stormtrooper (more idealized, most likely symmetrical, better fitting armor and still resembling the classic Stormie)

I am proud to say that I am finally an owner of this great looking figure. I wanted to buy a standard Stormtrooper but the Sandtroopers accessories and the nice weathering and sand effects sold it for me and is my first 1/6th scale Star Wars figure and will surely buy more. All I can say is that I really don't know to to articulate him properly cause I get scared that I might break something.

I am proud to say that I am finally an owner of this great looking figure. I wanted to buy a standard Stormtrooper but the Sandtroopers accessories and the nice weathering and sand effects sold it for me and is my first 1/6th scale Star Wars figure and will surely buy more. All I can say is that I really don't know to to articulate him properly cause I get scared that I might break something.

Congrats on your first figure, this one is great. You may want to be careful with the backpack and the little droid if you decide to use it. The glue holding the backpack together was rather weak on mine and I've had 3 separate pieces come unattached and in need of re-gluing. While trying the squeeze the cler rod into the placement hole on the droid I've broken it's little fin, so you may want to be careful with this item. Enjoy, he's a cool figure.

Last edited:
Sandtrooper status has changed to pre-order...

Got my order in just in time - it shipped yesterday.

I think the original Stormtrooper will have now 2 separate branches: the classic OT Stormtrooper (asymmetrical, wonky, rough - I love it) and the RO Stormtrooper (more idealized, most likely symmetrical, better fitting armor and still resembling the classic Stormie)

Completely agree with all points. But the crotch! That crazy crotch armor - it's so.... so... in your face. :) Could be why all the ladies love the Stormies.

Completely agree with all points. But the crotch! That crazy crotch armor - it's so.... so... in your face. :) Could be why all the ladies love the Stormies.

They learned what not to do from the Sideshow Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers tiny cod pieces :lol

Finally picked up my Squad Leader, just need the final five to make up my Desert Sands Unit.

5pl7r9.jpg

Just relieved that the RO Stormtrooper looks close to the original. When I first heard about this movie I was worried that they would go with what was used in the Special Edition:horror But I also agree that those cod pieces are a bit extreme:monkey3

p69vn.jpg

Rogue One Screengrabs:

vzjvc3.jpg
2z589bq.jpg
bex5ja.jpg
6f43uc.jpg
x2sxsl.jpg
rmkxat.jpg

Back