Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cod is very V shaped and angled from the front (probably for ease of movement). In the explosions, the cod and butt armors aren't strapped together but perhaps thats for stunt safety

The cod is very V shaped and angled from the front (probably for ease of movement). In the explosions, the cod and butt armors aren't strapped together but perhaps thats for stunt safety

In the explosion, at least one of the pinwheeling troopers (on the right) has the two pieces strapped together. I should have screen-capped it...

Not really getting the Rebels vibe, those ones look really marshmellow-y to me. These look closer to the stunt helmet than the hero. Either way they look better than the ROTJ buckets. That one guy is gonna be really upset about the eye bump though, I think they might have smoothed that out.

Only 2 things really bug me so far. The crotch (I'm sure it'l come up again - hardy har har) and the over-intensity of red hues (jump suits and pauldrons need to be orange and you can see some other "red" items look super-boosted compared to everything else in frame)

Not really getting the Rebels vibe, those ones look really marshmellow-y to me. These look closer to the stunt helmet than the hero. Either way they look better than the ROTJ buckets. That one guy is gonna be really upset about the eye bump though, I think they might have smoothed that out.

You're right. Just checked out the Rebels trooper and those buckets are more drawn down, almost like they stretched out a regular helmet.

This is from Star Wars Wikia

"Pauldrons were a type of armor worn by soldiers of the Galactic Republic and later the Galactic Empire. These represented the wearer's rank or affiliation. These varied in colors, for example, Imperial stormtrooper commanders wore an orange, red or white pauldron. The majority of sandtroopers wore colored pauldrons. Black indicated enlisted troopers, white was for sergeants, and orange for unit leaders."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't really trust it anymore. Sure the obvious stuff is there, stuff of common knowledge.

But once it goes into the finer details and obscure stuff. Nope.

I thought the info on the pauldron colors was pretty much accepted?

Stormtroopers don't wear pauldrons at all in the movies. So there's that. That site writes everything as if it's "in world" - not in a reference format - super annoying. They also use any and all source imaginable, Topps trading cards, video games, novels, etc. Ugh. In any case, you can see a lot of objects that are red in hue look amped up in the teaser - it might stay that way in the final movie, who knows. I find it bothersome, more so on the flight suits.

Loving the new edition, definitely my fav Hot Toy so far. Can't wait to get my new display space sorted and have this set up properly.

n32gwp.jpg

Do people dislike the Rogue One troopers? I love them, it's great seeing the original troopers brought up to date, they look amazing.

Stormtroopers don't wear pauldrons at all in the movies. So there's that. That site writes everything as if it's "in world" - not in a reference format - super annoying. They also use any and all source imaginable, Topps trading cards, video games, novels, etc. Ugh. In any case, you can see a lot of objects that are red in hue look amped up in the teaser - it might stay that way in the final movie, who knows. I find it bothersome, more so on the flight suits.

This is one of my pet hates too, I hate that kind of phoney encyclopaedia writing, it's utterly worthless unless you're eleven.

I hate that kind of phoney encyclopaedia writing, .

and if it were only encyclopedia-style it wouldn't be so bad - it's more like annoying neighbor-who-never-stops-talking, finally have to walk away after midnight style. It's just run-on drivel like they're re-writing the books they're referencing.

Having seen the Rogue One teaser trailer I am thinking that an opportunity exists for Hot Toys to re-release the standard OT Stormtrooper plus maybe a Sandtrooper variant. - or rather I am hoping that they do. :)

They won't be able to use the OT trooper and call it a Rogue One trooper, but I'm hoping we have at least two more Sandtroopers (from ep 4) coming (but I won't hold my breath).

but I won't hold my breath

That would go against the grain of the whole HT corporate body, in fact Howard Chan just got a severe itch on his back right now just by you writing such ludicrousness on the internet. :lol

The very similar but still different look of Rogue One troopers might work against getting us ESB and RotJ stormies I fear, and that would be a shame.

C'mon Howard, we Star Wars fans are every bit as crazy insane as the Iron Men fetishists.

Back