Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few more photos of mine. 24XYU75.jpg 9o97HSI.jpg

Did you guys attach the small back pouch? I decided not to use it since it gets in the way of the backpack.

Is that before shipping and possible taxes, Chain? If so, probably too high retail cost for my liking (and assuming you use US dollars by default -- I pay $300+ in Canadian shipped pretty routinely now b/c of the abysmal exchange rate). Really depends on a lot of things in regards to if it's "worth it", but the price will go up on the secondary once they sell out. If you can afford it and love the design, go for it. Really is an awesome figure.

Is that before shipping and possible taxes, Chain? If so, probably too high retail cost for my liking (and assuming you use US dollars by default -- I pay $300+ in Canadian shipped pretty routinely now b/c of the abysmal exchange rate). Really depends on a lot of things in regards to if it's "worth it", but the price will go up on the secondary once they sell out. If you can afford it and love the design, go for it. Really is an awesome figure.

It´s from an retail store. If I would get direct from Sideshow it would probably be way higher since the tax and import charges here in Sweden are way too high. Mostly all of the used Sideshow and hot toys figures go for 200$+. I love almost everything about the figure ecept for the price... But if I decide to get it, do you think I could sell it for a good price later on if I would need to? :)

If you can sell locally I'd say you're safe to break even. Making a profit when you're already paying well over US MSRP is always tougher. My experience with selling figures is I will usually take a small loss, but that can be worth it if you've had it on display a good while and enjoyed it in the interim.

PS - I wouldn't buy if there's any expectation that you might want to sell in a hurry, later. Depending how many HT makes and what's available at retail at the time, it means taking a maybe significant loss to unload it quick. If you're thinking a year down the road after your interests change or you're bored of the figure then that's different.

Last edited:
This Guy looks great,, trying to decide on this guy or the Sideshow R2 D2..... AAArgh !!! decisions....

R2, IMO, is a little cheap looking in person. All the doors and compartments that open was a nice idea, but it adds to the toyishness look. This figure is pretty nice.

Opened my Sandtrooper yesterday. Took forever to get to me, but a very, very nice figure. The backpack was about as annoying as the Marmit one originally, from what I remember with that one. So, since the backpack is an essential look, I superglued mine to my Sandtroopers back. Just enough to keep it there, but easily removed if/when the time comes to put in back in the Carbonite packaging. I will say that the Marmit one really holds up well with this one. Marmit was so far ahead of the curve. And, I actually prefer the plastic pauldrons for the Marmits rather than the HT/SSC ones they use....

A magnet would have been nice to include for the backpack, but its a minor oversight in an otherwise steller Sandtrooper figure

Ok, I shall think about it. Thank you for the help! :)

What store are you looking at here in Sweden? Scifishop.se has it for 2695 SEK. With shipping and import charges that is cheaper than buying from sideshow direct. I'm getting 2. :)

This Guy looks great,, trying to decide on this guy or the Sideshow R2 D2..... AAArgh !!! decisions....
No contest, get the Sandtrooper, as others have said. HT won't neglect to make an R2, so there is no rush to get SSC's, esp as it is undersized.

Sadly my shelves are double/triple that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are detolf? More than 3 is WAY too crowded man. How do you even do that? You can't appreciate the figures in all their glory :( Send a photo of your setup!
I would get more Detolfs if I were you.

Thanks for the input guys,, gonna order this guy,,, ,,,lol
Knowing my luck, id order R2 then sooner or later HT will come out with somthing like a 2 pack of 3PO & R2 lol

Last edited:
Back