Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to disparage anyone, but I originally got into 1/6 with military figures from Soldier Story, so the Sandtrooper was actually a refreshing, fun, easy assemble. Be careful with his backpack - two things popped off mine that I had to glue. Also, be careful with the shoulder holster - I would take off as much arm armor as you could before trying to slip it through. I have had elastic straps like that rip on similar 1/6 figures. The whole figure shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes to put together as long as you take a little care. .

Also, as long as you tighten the straps down well enough, you shouldn't have too much issue with the backpack moving around. Gluing shouldn't be necessary.

Not to disparage anyone, but I originally got into 1/6 with military figures from Soldier Story, so the Sandtrooper was actually a refreshing, fun, easy assemble. Be careful with his backpack - two things popped off mine that I had to glue. Also, be careful with the shoulder holster - I would take off as much arm armor as you could before trying to slip it through. I have had elastic straps like that rip on similar 1/6 figures. The whole figure shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes to put together as long as you take a little care. .

Also, as long as you tighten the straps down well enough, you shouldn't have too much issue with the backpack moving around. Gluing shouldn't be necessary.

:exactly:

The Sandtrooper was the fourth figure I did that day, and was by far the simplest.

HT Vader was starters; two KP Romans for the main course; and the Sandtrooper for desert.

So I received my Sandtrooper and the front strap on the pauldron was broken off when I opened it. I applied some glue and pressed down lightly, and when I lifted up, the little silver pin came off with my finger. So I also had to glue that back on.
Today I'm inspecting how it dried when I casually ever so lightly tap the tab on the back side strap of the pauldron to make sure that one is secure. The little silver pin fell off.

So this has been pretty ****** for me so far. Pauldron seems to have been held together at the factory by nothing more than hopes and dreams. Feeling pretty disappointed.

Just got my Sandtrooper. Really disappointed with the backpack. It's the same POS one that came with the Sideshow Sandy. The straps don't hold for **** and the pack droops down to his @$$. Are there any mods for this?

Just got my Sandtrooper. Really disappointed with the backpack. It's the same POS one that came with the Sideshow Sandy. The straps don't hold for **** and the pack droops down to his @$$. Are there any mods for this?

You have to adjust the straps. Tighten them up and it'll be higher.

Is the rear middle pouch suppose to be equipped while using his backpack. At least Sideshow had a grove so the backpack could sit in...HT has nothing like it :(

Is the rear middle pouch suppose to be equipped while using his backpack. At least Sideshow had a grove so the backpack could sit in...HT has nothing like it :(

Push it over to his right hand side and the pack rests on it perfectly and helps to keep it level.

Double sided tape is what i used on my SSC Sandies. I intend to use velcro on the HT Sandtrooper to hold the backpack better

Just opened my sandtrooper....awesome detail. One question though...mine didn't come with instructions; are there supposed to be instructions? I am sure I can figure it out, but I don't think I have ever seen a Hot Toys figure that didn't come with a small instruction sheet....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just opened my sandtrooper....awesome detail. One question though...mine didn't come with instructions; are there supposed to be instructions? I am sure I can figure it out, but I don't think I have ever seen a Hot Toys figure that didn't come with a small instruction sheet....

Ok i am an idiot....found them. In my defense i did open the figure at like 6 AM lol

Should be there. The packet is usually at the bottom of the clam shell but I did notice with this figure it was on the right side (at least with mine).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back