Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANH on the left. Rogue One on the Right
a19fa96eb5d5a1ad3838a909a5d597b8.jpg

a36990b38e5f8c64e30b4a75108d1cc6.jpg

7b25a0a85441c8d1409a4dacb28e3272.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RO troopers always looks like their pants are falling down - low waist band, long torso and stubby legs.

And the RO helmet lenses look like a stormie wearing sunglasses at the beach.

While I didn't love the look of the new RO style helmet onscreen, HT didn't do it any favors with their sculpt, which is as inaccurate to the prop as their OT helmet.

I know I'm risking a shunning here, but I've got them mixed on display and am totally fine with the differences. I'd prefer all ANH style but Hot Toys seems to have no intention of taking my money for that. In some ways the variation is cool and I just think that in the outer rim they still haven't fully upgraded to the latest gear for all troopers. Kinda like the backwaters not getting priority when new kit is available and some troopers sticking to their old preferred kit much like Rex did.

Some older pics

Jck0TDb.jpg

sUwD7Bf.jpg

QO95ceZ.jpg

Man, that dewback is sweet. Should have gotten one back in the day.

P.S. You can never have enough sandtroopers.

msg-3936-0-16243100-1433703102.jpg

Man, that dewback is sweet. Should have gotten one back in the day.

P.S. You can never have enough sandtroopers.

View attachment 493239

Yep OT Sandtrooper is still king of the Troopers imo. Ok im bias he was my first Hot Toy as well. But I just cant get used to the (to me) wierd looking helmet and sunglasses of the Rogue One helmets.

And im not even a Trooper aficionado [emoji4]

@ Mediame : But as you can see its personal opinion, like everything on these boards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I'm risking a shunning here, but I've got them mixed on display and am totally fine with the differences. I'd prefer all ANH style but Hot Toys seems to have no intention of taking my money for that. In some ways the variation is cool and I just think that in the outer rim they still haven't fully upgraded to the latest gear for all troopers. Kinda like the backwaters not getting priority when new kit is available and some troopers sticking to their old preferred kit much like Rex did.

Some older pics

Jck0TDb.jpg

sUwD7Bf.jpg

QO95ceZ.jpg

*blocked*

:monkey3:lol

Nice display though.

I love these pics even more personally knowing how much pain and suffering goes into creating each of those helmets.:lol

I just bought a Sandtrooper and it came with the head not popped into place. Anyone remember if this was how yours was when you opened it? It had a styrofoam ring around the piece from the neck that attached into the hole in the helmet, and I removed it thinking it was only there for shipping? Either way, with the foam around the piece, or without it, it doesn't seem to pop into the hole in the helmet easily. I was trying not to apply too much force when doing it. Any tips? Thanks!

https://imgur.com/kWkY3ZB

https://imgur.com/4psNT7e

Back