Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Sandtrooper on the tall or short Stormtrooper body? Besides weathering is the armor itself any different? (if tall is it like the tall Stormtroopper armor, and if short is it like the short trooper armor in the two pack or like Stormtrooper Luke?)

Solo Bones, do you think this evaporator could be 3D printed ? Or how / what materials did you use to build it ? I saw your link to the 3D model, so was wondering.

Posting pics again for awesomeness !

Had a little fun switching out my Marmit bucket with my HT. Here are a few with all custom Marmit armor with the dew back and then Hot Toys version/armor with the moisture vaporator, minus the Marmit cauldron and details from SS.

Is the Sandtrooper on the tall or short Stormtrooper body? Besides weathering is the armor itself any different? (if tall is it like the tall Stormtroopper armor, and if short is it like the short trooper armor in the two pack or like Stormtrooper Luke?)

I don't think it's either, definitely not the short. Aside from the obvious differences in cosmetics...looks like identical shoe and sizing to stormtroopers..but I don't have one to say for sure.

Solo Bones, do you think this evaporator could be 3D printed ? Or how / what materials did you use to build it ? I saw your link to the 3D model, so was wondering.

Posting pics again for awesomeness !

Thanks, Hoody! I don't know if that 3D cad could be used for printing...would need to know and have the file. But they could probably scan mine and print it. It breaks down into two pieces.

Sandtrooper armour is quite different:

Sandtrooper/Stormtrooper Comparisons

Thanks Kaut, the link was really informative. I never picked up the differences in the details in the armor itself between the Sandtrooper and Stormtrooper before. Looking at the pictures of the figure on the SS website it looks like Hot Toys paid attention to these differences - so that's cool.

Now, I just wonder how tall he is. Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I thought someone said this, or maybe it was the spacetrooper, was on the short body. Anyway, I hope not.

I don't think it's either, definitely not the short. Aside from the obvious differences in cosmetics...looks like identical shoe and sizing to stormtroopers..but I don't have one to say for sure.

Thanks, it we would be cool to see side by side pics with the Stormtrooper when people get these in hand.

I haven't picked up any specialized troops before. I only have one Stormtrooper and I am not planning on building any armies or anything. But I am thinking about picking up a Sandtrooper and Biker Scout, and maybe a aftermarket Snowtrooper down the road. I bet the three together might display nicely.

Thanks Kaut, the link was really informative. I never picked up the differences in the details in the armor itself between the Sandtrooper and Stormtrooper before. Looking at the pictures of the figure on the SS website it looks like Hot Toys paid attention to these differences - so that's cool.

Now, I just wonder how tall he is. Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I thought someone said this, or maybe it was the spacetrooper, was on the short body. Anyway, I hope not.

Thanks, it we would be cool to see side by side pics with the Stormtrooper when people get these in hand.

I haven't picked up any specialized troops before. I only have one Stormtrooper and I am not planning on building any armies or anything. But I am thinking about picking up a Sandtrooper and Biker Scout, and maybe a aftermarket Snowtrooper down the road. I bet the three together might display nicely.

I posted a pic of the two together further up thread. The tall trooper and Sandtrooper are the same size.
IMGP4662_zpslzxfjtel.jpg

I posted a pic of the two together further up thread. The tall trooper and Sandtrooper are the same size.
IMGP4662_zpslzxfjtel.jpg

:clap Thanks - looks great!

Cool to see them side by side. I also see all the subtle differences in the armor when compared to the regular Trooper now. I am seriously considering getting this.

If it wasn't that I was holding out for picking myself up a couple of batman returns I'd be getting this now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't bought a figure for the longest time but this one is a favorite of mine. I would buy PO if the dark green eye lens are plastic and not just painted on like the normal stormtrooper version.

Hi guys - I do a lot of lurking around here but as someone mentioned it - I live in the UK - I thought I should do my bit and input a little. After all, I oggle everyone else's pictures all the time :)

Here's the HT Sandtrooper hanging out with Chewie (and xmas tree). He is currently sporting the dressed down a la Endor from Battlefront look. I have to admit, it is exceptionally good and I recommend it to all. And yes the lenses are definitely transparent green.

Sandtrooper.jpg

I was originally set to be charged for this on the 10th but wound up having to flex it with December being a more expensive month with holiday shopping and whatnot. Ah well guess I'll still get the Spacetrooper this month while I wait.

Back