Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey James, thanks also for the pics from me.

One question though. What is that outline I've circled ? On the last video posted here it looks almost like the edge of a clear sticker......but I can't imagine that it would be. Any comments from someone who already has the figure ? And of course yourself James :)

image.jpg

Hey James, thanks also for the pics from me.

One question though. What is that outline I've circled ? On the last video posted here it looks almost like the edge of a clear sticker......but I can't imagine that it would be. Any comments from someone who already has the figure ? And of course yourself James :)

View attachment 224728

No mate, it isn't a sticker it's the weathering and my crappy photo's
I've got 2 and they slightly different weathering even though there the same sand trooper

image.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

This figure looks pretty incredible, but I have to say I find the helmet suffers the same issue that regular trooper does in that it doesn't look quite as menacing as the actual troopers do in the movie. Still can't wait to get one though.

This figure looks pretty incredible, but I have to say I find the helmet suffers the same issue that regular trooper does in that it doesn't look quite as menacing as the actual troopers do in the movie. Still can't wait to get one though.

well of course... they are only 12 inches tall in reality.

OK cool. Glad it is not a sticker, although does look weird. I didn't think they could be all 100% the same, even though production runs should be the same it's still humans painting them in the end. (I hope).

Anyway, 2 look awesome together ! Even more pressure on me to get another with black pauldron when he comes out.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Kyoboto pair about a year ago (small 1/16 figures I think). But didn't. Happy I waited on this/these :)

funds are limited. Cant decide on this or Kylo Ren. any thoughts?
My two cents is get the Sandie. Far more iconic and visually interesting. Ren is a bit of a blank slate, at the moment, and a boring design. Assuming he will be one of the new trilogy's primary antagonists, there'll be many more iterations with if not a different costume altogether (I'm thinking it will evolve a bit over time...), then accessories, maskless sculpts, etc. I think once the Sandies sell out they will be more coveted than first iteration Ren or even stuff like Spacetroopers. Just lots of interesting details with these guys.

My two cents is get the Sandie. Far more iconic and visually interesting. Ren is a bit of a blank slate, at the moment, and a boring design. Assuming he will be one of the new trilogy's primary antagonists, there'll be many more iterations with if not a different costume altogether (I'm thinking it will evolve a bit over time...), then accessories, maskless sculpts, etc. I think once the Sandies sell out they will be more coveted than first iteration Ren or even stuff like Spacetroopers. Just lots of interesting details with these guys.

Agreed. I also think there's just likely to be more volume and more opportunity for Sequel Trilogy stuff.

Back