Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems superman's logo is going the same way. Guy was away for 6 months and came back to a melting logo

Does anyone know if the Joker DX08 suffers from bad deterioration? I don't own a single toy and I really wanted the DX08, but if it is going to deteriorate in a few years that really turns me off.

I don't know of anything widespread that goes wrong on that figure. Although mine was missing the clasp on his overcoat - meaning I couldn't close it on the front. I bought another coat loose only for the tiny button on that one to snap rendering that extra purchase useless. Also the ankles could be tighter, you do need the stand. Otherwise great figure

Does anyone know if the Joker DX08 suffers from bad deterioration? I don't own a single toy and I really wanted the DX08, but if it is going to deteriorate in a few years that really turns me off.

My DX08 has been fine. For any figure, just keep away from direct sunlight and the room is not too hot or cold.

I don't know of anything widespread that goes wrong on that figure. Although mine was missing the clasp on his overcoat - meaning I couldn't close it on the front. I bought another coat loose only for the tiny button on that one to snap rendering that extra purchase useless. Also the ankles could be tighter, you do need the stand. Otherwise great figure

Lol, I done exactly the same thing, it so bugged the hell out of me that I couldn't close his coat because I messed the button up. I had to buy another DX08 coat. Still got the one with the busted button in the box. Got to check my Superman now, not looked at that figure for ages.

I have been in this hobby for a couple years and the more I read this thread it worries me. I have spent good money on my collection. These figures are damn expensive and the return you get for selling them is not that much. I only have five figures on Pre- Order and two of them are hot toys figures and three of them are X plus Godzilla figures. I also have a threezero pin head coming and exclusive Fallout threezero power armor figure which I paid for. After I get these figures I am gonna throw in the towel for this hobby. I am pretty satisfied with the characters I have. I own alot of batman figures which I will keep since they are awesome. So far I have not seen any rubber problems on any of my batman figures. I keep them in a detolf with those do not eat packets and I hardly ever touch them unless I am posing them.

I have reached the point since I am getting older and realizing things about life. I have also come to realize that I am satisfied with my collection and what I have.

My DX08 has been fine. For any figure, just keep away from direct sunlight and the room is not too hot or cold.

So it sounds like it's safe to buy the DX08 Joker? Just want to make sure the 1st figure I buy is gonna be worth the ~$300 and isn't gonna start falling apart on me in a few years. Is that figure made from rubber?

Fwiw, the only thing I've noticed anyone post over time, is that the hat left a bit of the purple colour on the brow after leaving it on the fhead for a long time. That was one person iirc.

I've had my DX08 since release, & have the hat on all the time, & my figure is absolutely fine. As mentioned, just be careful how & where you display it & you should be sweet.

Is that figure made from rubber?
Some of the tiny accessories like the lapel flower are made of a softer plastic, as are the hands & shoes I think. You won't have any dramas with those.

The rest of the figure is just a base body with a painted head, none of which are rubber.

Fwiw, the only thing I've noticed anyone post over time, is that the hat left a bit of the purple colour on the brow after leaving it on the fhead for a long time. That was one person iirc.

I've had my DX08 since release, & have the hat on all the time, & my figure is absolutely fine. As mentioned, just be careful how & where you display it & you should be sweet.

Some of the tiny accessories like the lapel flower are made of a softer plastic, as are the hands & shoes I think. You won't have any dramas with those.

The rest of the figure is just a base body with a painted head, none of which are rubber.

Now that eases my worries a lot. The DX08 looks awesome and hopefully can be my 1st HT :)

Edit: thank you for the replies. I'm also interested in the Skeletor statue. What is the difference between the DX08 built, and how the Skeletor statue that's up for pre-order built different? I apologize for the noob questions.

Has anyone ever tried to reach out to Hot Toys. With the price they charge, and no consumer warnings/ care tips they are selling faulty product. They should take all defective products from their loyal consumers and reimburse.

Sounds like a class action lawsuit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that eases my worries a lot. The DX08 looks awesome and hopefully can be my 1st HT :)

Edit: thank you for the replies. I'm also interested in the Skeleton statue. What is the difference between the DX08 built, and how the Skeleton statue that's up for pre-order built different? I apologize for the noob questions.
No worries hal. :duff

As far as that other piece you're enquiring about - not familiar with it, but just ask around, & check into the appropriate thread.

I'm so relieved to know that the DX08 is NOT made from rubber. All those accessories can be easily replaced. As long as the figure is not made from rubber and last a long time, that's all I'm worried about.

They really need to address those rubber issues. Looked up some youtube videos about it, and it is very, very scary

Hot Toys aren't generally known for flawless QC. :lol

Once upon a time they were held in quite high regard, because they were a company for the 'fans', doing truly dazzling work.

Now, they're a bloated harlot - the qunitessential blockbuster's bedfellow. All that mass production has made them sloppy & indifferent.

Has anyone ever tried to reach out to Hot Toys. With the price they charge, and no consumer warnings/ care tips they are selling faulty product. They should take all defective products from their loyal consumers and reimburse.

Sounds like a class action lawsuit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we don't have enough bs lawsuits already.....

Back