Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious with the people who received replacement robes from Sideshow. Did yours arrive wadded up like a used washcloth and then wrapped in bubble wrap? Cause that's how mine arrived and it's completely unusable. They knew exactly what they were doing. The thing could have easily been laid out flat, or even folded over once..but they chose to treat it like something you'd use to scrub the grime off your stove.

I wonder if you can iron back to life or did they ruin those chest wrinkles? Those would be pretty difficult to put back in.

Did it have white or dark spots?
Why it´s unusable?
Ironing can´t fix that?

Pictures please!!!
Irioning did the job - there are spots though I discovered on my original. No biggie, but however I was looking forward to the replacement robe.
I wonder if you can iron back to life or did they ruin those chest wrinkles? Those would be pretty difficult to put back in.
Yeah man, there's creases galore everywhere, including the chest folds. That's the issue, it's not just limited to part of the robe. Like I was saying, it was just literally wadded-up like a piece of trash and then tightly wrapped with bubble wrap. I mean, it was as if they were sending me a dirty gym sock as a joke or something..but instead it was a very expensive and delicate 1/6 robe.

Irioning did the job - there are spots though I discovered on my original. No biggie, but however I was looking forward to the replacement robe.

Yeah man, there's creases galore everywhere, including the chest folds. That's the issue, it's not just limited to part of the robe. Like I was saying, it was just literally wadded-up like a piece of trash and then tightly wrapped with bubble wrap. I mean, it was as if they were sending me a dirty gym sock as a joke or something..but instead it was a very expensive and delicate 1/6 robe.

Did you get my package? I prefer those delicate silky type in red, and I didn't wash them like you asked.:monkey3

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Here's my review of the Royal Guard. Tried the ironing trick, and it worked pretty well. Those pleats down the side were tricky though. Happy enough with it for the moment. Love that inner suit!

I got mine and he had a number of spots on the lower robe around the knees. Since I don't have an iron (ahem) I held the robe over a boiling pan so that it was picking up a lot of steam and rubbed the spot from either side of the cloth between thumb and forefinger. It seemed to do the trick as I couldn't see them any more, although an iron is probably a better route as you can get the large creases out of the drape at the same time.

I've had to put him back in the box as I'm moving house again in a couple of weeks, but I put some kitchen paper under the robe to protect it from the knees and also on top to stop it touching the clamshell. I'll see if they've reappeared when I get round to opening him again.

I've had to put him back in the box as I'm moving house again in a couple of weeks, but I put some kitchen paper under the robe to protect it from the knees and also on top to stop it touching the clamshell. I'll see if they've reappeared when I get round to opening him again.
This is gonna sounds blasphemous, but I think the best route to go would be to cut the lower portion of the clamshell off. So nothing at all will be touching the robe. I would say rapping the robe with some saran wrap would be a good method, but that could cause some fabric creasing. I'm just thinking that even if the robe is covered in something, that plastic will still put pressure on the robe.

Has anyone received these from UK based suppliers yet? Still awaiting on my pre order from Animegami.

Some new pics...love these red guards together, really pop on shelf

43069815_10211965855051692_1763930698961387520_n.jpg

Looks like I will get a new robe from KGHobby. No doubt with plenty of spots. :lol
But that will be tons better than I got in the first place so..

Looks like I will get a new robe from KGHobby. No doubt with plenty of spots. :lol
But that will be tons better than I got in the first place so..

Hi!

Sorry for not touching this topic, but how did you get in touch with KGhobby regarding your issues? I’ve yet to receive any answer or feedback regarding some problems I have... Also, nice you’ll get a new robe from them!

Hi!

Sorry for not touching this topic, but how did you get in touch with KGhobby regarding your issues? I’ve yet to receive any answer or feedback regarding some problems I have with my boba fett figure, even though they’ve read the message... Also, nice you’ll get a new robe from them!

I contacted them via the send message function on the site. I have always had good communicstion that way.

always two hundred plus they are, or more, never less....:lol

Looking good. They are a really sharp figure.

Picked up two of these and no stains on the cloaks. One of the figure had weaker leg joints and the other has firm joints. Good thing their poses are simple

Back