Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
im going to steal that pose for mine first guard

still thinking which pose to go for mine second one

Did warm water and scrubbed gently for a while with a soft new toothbrush, but the marks are still there (if a bit less noticeable).

Nice picture. That's a shame though that it didn't come out. I was hoping that was a simple fix. So is the plastic pressing the material and flattening the weave to appear as spots? I mean, there's nothing on the plastic tray that would leave a mark.

I've decided to send mine back - contacted SSC... wait and see what their response is.

It's definitely rubbing from the plastic packaging. Again, it's bizarre that it's only the left knee?? (same on both and can look better or worse in different lighting).

As HT seem not to care about their qc issues shouldn’t we go above them and complain directly to Disney seeing as they are using Disney’s license to produce these figures and producing them on behalf of Disney

Yeah I maybe should have tried some soap. The material has a sheen so I think the pattern is getting flattened and exposing the shinier part there. Here it is before (not sure if mobile uploads work here anymore).

It looks better either way, spots are more minimal and some of the wrinkles are gone.

7490cd1354232caf500f53b022f55474.jpg

Just got my notification from BBTS that both my Royal Guards, ESB Darth Vader and ESB Boba are all getting ready to charge. Sweet Jesus!!! :gah:

Now that every retailer on the planet has started shipping.... has BBTS started shipping yet?

I'm waiting for Timewalker to ship these guys. Also lately sideshow seems to be shipping almost as fast as Hong Kong releases them. I hate to do it but sideshow might be the place to buy from now that they seem to get stuff almost as fast as secret base, there used to be a six week lag.

10 day notice from BBTS also. I was going to wait on these to ship in my Pile of Loot for a bit but I'll get them right out the door in case there's a problem. Glad BBTS isn't 3 months behind again.

I'm waiting for Timewalker to ship these guys. Also lately sideshow seems to be shipping almost as fast as Hong Kong releases them. I hate to do it but sideshow might be the place to buy from now that they seem to get stuff almost as fast as secret base, there used to be a six week lag.

Meh SSC customer service is abysmal.

I can be patient for a few weeks and give my money to a local retailer who knows how to treat their customers....

Like Timewalker.

Quicker is not always better.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Meh SSC customer service is abysmal.

I can be patient for a few weeks and give my money to a local retailer who knows how to treat their customers....

Like Timewalker.

Quicker is not always better.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I don't really like to order from sideshow either. Timewalker is great. My patience with the erratic/unpredictable way the high end toys ship over here from Hong Kong is just wearing thin.

Back