Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£134 at KG Hobby, deposit paid[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Silly question. Why is everybody accepting the fact that there are 2 guards besides the Emperor? This doesn't happen in any scene in the movie. There are 6 of them, if I remember well, when he gets down the ship, and in the final scene there are 2 in the elevator, really far from the throne, and they go away immediately.
I mean, putting them besides the throne, is totally inaccurate. :rotfl

Not a silly question. HT actually did a proper promo featuring the elevator. That said, these guys had such little screen time, pretty much anything outside of an elevator scene display (?) or a baller display with 6 of them, a host of Imperials, and the nose of a shuttle, will have to be a "could have been" scenario.

The same can be said of other figures, though. Just think AT-AT driver, TIE Pilot, or Death Star trooper if a screen-accurate pose is the limiting factor.

ROTJ-Royal-guard-sixth-scale-figure-07.jpg

Not rich enough to get 6...dont care about movie accurate, and will display them in dynamic pose, guard pose just so boring... so getting 2 for me

Saw timewalker sold through these.... I wonder if other places will follow. The elevator would be cool and would offer a more accurate thing to pose two guards. I really wish these weren't a year off though. But at least they are coming as well as rotj Luke.

How's their CS when it comes to replacements if need be?
I haven't had the need to contact them in this regard so I can't say. Sorry but they do have a lot ok UK customers.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Where is the best place to pick these up? I plan to get two, but the price and lack of a 2-pack is just ticking me off in principle. Nevertheless they will look great on display. Hopefully they will produce a Senate Guard at some point.

Funny story but my friend in college who is not a SW fan- had a mini figure of the royal guard. He liked it so much he glued it to the the top of his center rear view mirror. I asked him why and he used to say so everyone could see it for all of "its bad-@ssery when the got in" Its funny because a character that got literally a few seconds of screen time, just stood around, but stays in your mind as being a bad @ss.

A lot like Fett- its fun to fill-in the gaps with your immagination.

Good to see that the robes look appropriately thick and heavy and drape well. I've just preordered one.

Can't wait to get two to display with the emperor and the red is going to stand out nice with the rest of the figures

Back