1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was buying up all kinds of 80’s toys when I was 22-23 for nostalgia sake. SuperPowers, 3.75” Joes, MASK by the truckloads.

Seems like some of you guys started your OCD really early.

Were you married early or something? Just wondering why the urge to reach back into your deep past at 22. :lol

Honestly though, when I was that age I wanted nothing to do with the things I did at 12 or 15. I was growing up, moving on, moving out, college, girls, clubs, first job. I think nostalgia bit me when I hit thirty or so, but even then I just wanted a couple old Kenner Star Wars and Indiana Jones figures for my office... which sprawled into insanity when the new wave of Star Wars figs hit in 1995.

Initially watched the PT when 11 or 12 something, now I'm 31, buying the shji out of everything from the PT era due to nostalgic sensation from my childhood.

I guess that's more where I was. I don't think I understood nostalgia at twenty-something. Maybe also because I came of age in the 80's and it seemed like every year another great movie or two (or more) came out so there was no down time to long for anything. Always looking forward to something, never looking back.

Most likely the Disney marketing machinery at work. :monkey4

TCW S7 was clearly aimed at us who grew up with the PT, and now you can see the FB Clone Wars groups going wild with all the new (and old c. 2008) toys.

I guess that's more where I was. I don't think I understood nostalgia at twenty-something. Maybe also because I came of age in the 80's and it seemed like every year another great movie or two (or more) came out so there was no down time to long for anything. Always looking forward to something, never looking back.

And the conversation took a darker turn when I said, The reason you didnt understand nostalgia in your twenties was probably because your life was going pretty good till then. See, when you're like ten and your whole world flips upside down, you understand it really well even as a kid.

When I was ten, my parents Got Religion in a Big Way, and trust me when I say I was 15 looking back on 10 thinking, Man, how good did things USED to be - compared to the current hellscape? And it was a hellscape.

And so one takes refuge in the good memories one has; this can take different forms and something like your favorite music or your favorite movie series can definitely help get you through. Is this galaxy not so good? Cool, let's go to one far away. And stay in it, as much as we can.

*shivers* enough of all that! I wonder if Cody will be here in time for Thanksgiving. That'd be nice! :wink1:

When I was ten, my parents Got Religion in a Big Way, and trust me when I say I was 15 looking back on 10 thinking, Man, how good did things USED to be - compared to the current hellscape? And it was a hellscape.

I appreciate you sharing that. Must have been a very rough ride back then to say the least. Glad you made it through.

Thermal Work Limit (TWL) is defined as the limiting (or maximum) sustainable metabolic rate that well-hydrated, acclimatized individuals can maintain in a specific thermal environment, within a safe deep body core temperature.

You are exactly and where?

So you're what now, 25? :lol

See...

How the F does a twenty-something yearn for nostalgia? I mean, you're still growing.

Because things were better when we were blissfully ignorant children just watching cool space battles and laser sword fights without having to worry about education, jobs, now COVID etc. :lol. I just want to be 9 and watching ROTS again for the first time :lol.

Honestly though, when I was that age I wanted nothing to do with the things I did at 12 or 15. I was growing up, moving on, moving out, college, girls, clubs, first job. I think nostalgia bit me when I hit thirty or so, but even then I just wanted a couple old Kenner Star Wars and Indiana Jones figures for my office... which sprawled into insanity when the new wave of Star Wars figs hit in 1995.

I think it depends person to person. For me, I grew up not watching a bunch of new stuff, but old reruns of stuff my parents loved like I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, Honey Mooners, I Dream of Genie etc. The first live action Superman I saw on screen was George Reeves b/c he guest starred on a Lucy episode :lol and the first superhero cartoon I watched was the Max Fliescher Superman from a VHS tape that had all the episodes. My brother and I always have had some nostalgia but that doesn?t mean you don?t enjoy what?s going on in the present. You can still enjoy comics and nerdy things but have fun in college etc. Of course being into the these things wasn?t so main stream back then as it is now. Other than my brother, I can?t remember talking to anyone about comic things when I was growing up. It wasn?t until college that I found more ppl who were outwardly interested in nerd stuff. But me collecting didn’t stop me from getting a good first job right out of college, moving out of the parents house and buying a sweet first car than my more sensible current vehicle lol. It’s not like if you party on the weekends and work in an office you can’t also have a hobby on the side :lol

PO’d this in early February 2019. Can’t wait for it to finally ship so I can display him in a glass case and never touch him again.

We also didn't have awesome 1/6th figures like this in my ancient time. Had they, nostalgia may have kicked in earlier.

Yeah. A couple of things happened: quality, accuracy and likeness jumped and crossed a certain threshold, and I hit my late 30s. Prior to that I hadn't collected anything at all. I think there was a brief spark around the time the PT came out but it was still OT ships, and that didn't last. My gf at the time was a Star Wars nerd and when I broke up with her I got rid of the small collection too. :lol

Seems like some of you guys started your OCD really early.

Were you married early or something? Just wondering why the urge to reach back into your deep past at 22. :lol

Not helping yourself [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back