1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit confused. I have had Cody, Airborne Trooper, Gree, Rex and the lot for ~6 years now. Are they just re-releasing these guys?

If so I wish they would re-release Echo and Fives in their ARC armor. Missed out on them and they are SUPER expensive on the open market.

I cringed everytime seeing those TFA and most of TLJ figures still all over the place even with heavy discout while PT figures despite the "hate" seem to be selling very well. Back in 2017 when Anakin was first introduced the haters here immediately jumped into the conclusion" PTs are garbage nobody wants, the sales going to fail miserably bla bla". Even a nearly $1k 1/4 Darth Maul from XM studio are currently sold out everywhere proves there are big communities outhere that love and appreciate PTs.

Its interesting how the Prequel generation fans are now in similar position regard to the new ST to where the OT generation were back in 1999 when TPM first launched.

I cringed everytime seeing those TFA and most of TLJ figures still all over the place even with heavy discout while PT figures despite the "hate" seem to be selling very well. Back in 2017 when Anakin was first introduced the haters here immediately jumped into the conclusion" PTs are garbage nobody wants, the sales going to fail miserably bla bla". Even a nearly $1k 1/4 Darth Maul from XM studio are currently sold out everywhere proves there are big communities outhere that love and appreciate PTs.

Its interesting how the Prequel generation fans are now in similar position regard to the new ST to where the OT generation were back in 1999 when TPM first launched.

Hot Toys recalibrated after the TFA figures debacle. Without knowing production run numbers you can’t really really say one sold better than the other. But obviously they messed up with the TFA figs. Whatever demand there might have been they completely overshot it. Everything since then has been far more controlled, with few figures across any license staying in stock at SS beyond a year.

Yes. And one day, the ST generation will have their time with yet the next generation's "Star Wars"... what ever the hell it will become by then.

Hot toys have never made clones. Those are Sideshow figures

That's not entirely true. Sideshow WAS the producer of the clones overall...but the clone armor and under suit was developed in coordination with Hot Toys. SO...technically you are right...Sideshow released...but HT did have a big hand in their development.

That's not entirely true. Sideshow WAS the producer of the clones overall...but the clone armor and under suit was developed in coordination with Hot Toys. SO...technically you are right...Sideshow released...but HT did have a big hand in their development.

Sure, but this Cody release I wouldn’t classify as a reissue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PO'd...but really unhappy I have to wait a YEAR to get him.

Very good point. Personally I love the PT, always did.

I'm still not a huge fan of Episodes I & II and still loathe watching those movies whenever they're on tv or someone wants to marathon. I only watch pay attention when it's on the final duel on naboo and when the battle starts on Geonosis. I'd be fine if I never saw anything more than those two scenes from those two movies ever again:lol

With that said, a Hot Toys TPM Qui Gon and Kenobi are my two most wanted Jedi figures. And Clones are a majority of my collection. Even Darth Maul is probably in my top 3 most bought merchandise of a character for me. "Haters" are always gonna be vocal when they complain about something. But I do think a lot of people also warmed up to the PT with the help of the Clone Wars shows.

I do agree I'm not sure how TLJ will age though. As of right now, I only enjoy watching the Snoke chamber scene and there's just nothing else I ever want to see from that movie ever again. Other than the Mafex Phasma, I don't even own any other figures from that movie and that's a rare thing for me NOT to spend on a Star Wars movie.

I'm still not a huge fan of Episodes I & II and still loathe watching those movies whenever they're on tv or someone wants to marathon. I only watch pay attention when it's on the final duel on naboo and when the battle starts on Geonosis. I'd be fine if I never saw anything more than those two scenes from those two movies ever again:lol

With that said, a Hot Toys TPM Qui Gon and Kenobi are my two most wanted Jedi figures. And Clones are a majority of my collection. Even Darth Maul is probably in my top 3 most bought merchandise of a character for me. "Haters" are always gonna be vocal when they complain about something. But I do think a lot of people also warmed up to the PT with the help of the Clone Wars shows.

I do agree I'm not sure how TLJ will age though. As of right now, I only enjoy watching the Snoke chamber scene and there's just nothing else I ever want to see from that movie ever again. Other than the Mafex Phasma, I don't even own any other figures from that movie and that's a rare thing for me NOT to spend on a Star Wars movie.

Agree completely about the Clone Wars show. I remember it started badly (stinky the hutt, snips, skyguy), but gradually grew into one of the best tv shows made.

I have always disliked TPM. Always will.
The other 2 films have moments of excitement and drama that make them worthwhile. Not as good by any stretch as the OT, but entertaining.

The ST started by not really going anywhere but setting us up for arguably the worst movie ever made. TLJ had so much to build on and threw up one of the most tedious, boring and insulting movies ever.

I don't think it will age well at all, and I am scratching my head as to how EP9 can salvage anything. I have a slight morbid curiosity, but I will not go out of my way to watch it. That is gutting to feel that way about a new Star Wars film.

I hope they can one day reboot it from ROTJ and put this mess right.

Cmdr Cody
bca6f4934e312a58d5164b5b6edea1cc.jpg
6b78e30232864e0839e0ffdc800c17fb.jpg
8cada019eec41c0cfe7d04d8cfb00986.jpg
16e6e9bdf46b15af34ceb0171084317b.jpg
ed84042edd8f56b9f965131b9a06d649.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Cmdr Cody
bca6f4934e312a58d5164b5b6edea1cc.jpg
6b78e30232864e0839e0ffdc800c17fb.jpg
8cada019eec41c0cfe7d04d8cfb00986.jpg
16e6e9bdf46b15af34ceb0171084317b.jpg
ed84042edd8f56b9f965131b9a06d649.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I was hoping this would be displayed with the clone head.

That is what will decide if I buy this and turn my Sideshow version into a Clone Wars version. I do not want to get into upgrading territory. But Cody is my favourite.

Want a two pack of the Airborne and grunt. Then they can get on with the 501st and Coruscant Guard.

Back