1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
51899620_2056693431065921_1921273514430562304_n.jpg

This figure is looking great. Really hoping we see HT expand on more clones down the line. Keeping my fingers crossed for the latter version of Rex. Wolffe would be very cool to get as well.

Wor I hope you’re right with SDCC showcasing Grevious! What do you think they’re going to charge?

Sideshow charged $274 but that is pretty much a normal figure price now. I would bet a HT Grevious would be around $405 based on how much Ultron was when he came out.

Wor I hope you’re right with SDCC showcasing Grevious! What do you think they’re going to charge?

Yeah, that's a hard call given his size and skinny complexity. Grievous will likely need to have die cast in the legs at least for strength, like K-2SO did, so the price could easily get to around $400-435.

I think going by Ultron pricing is a safe bet like Subzero said.

Ah K-2SO. I smile every time I hear that droid mentioned. Best droid design since the OT and an amazing Hot Toys figure. So simple, yet so pleasing and right on Star Wars aesthetics.

Yeah, originally, circa the release of Revenge of the Sith, the clones executed Order 66 because that’s what they were trained to do; there certainly is no regret or hesitation when Cody orders Kenobi shot down. It was every bit a betrayal.

But then the Clone Wars show happened, and some clones became fully fleshed out, three dimensional characters. Actual human beings who wouldn’t just mindlessly execute an order to betray and murder those with whom they have fought and bled, so the idea of control or inhibitor chips was introduced. Now, they were innocent, they couldn’t help but comply.

Yeah, never was a fan of the original idea, I know Legends expanded on it a bit and several commandos and commanders didn't carry out the order. Hard to believe that Cody, who was with Kenobi since the start of the war would just fire on him without questioning the order, especially after just killing the Seperatist general.

The Kanan comic series has a nice little arc of one of his commanders from his youth regaining his memory with is chip failing and being horrified of what he did.

Sideshow charged $274 but that is pretty much a normal figure price now. I would bet a HT Grevious would be around $405 based on how much Ultron was when he came out.

Gah, only if we accept that price.

Honestly would be the end of collecting these figures for me.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah, never was a fan of the original idea, I know Legends expanded on it a bit and several commandos and commanders didn't carry out the order. Hard to believe that Cody, who was with Kenobi since the start of the war would just fire on him without questioning the order, especially after just killing the Seperatist general.

The Kanan comic series has a nice little arc of one of his commanders from his youth regaining his memory with is chip failing and being horrified of what he did.

I think the Kenan miniseries is where we got the info about how the chip worked.

Back